Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed test and up/dl ratio that is convincing

HighestBiddeR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Hi , i have just started seeding and is looking for better private trackers ! i am just wondering what kind of up/dl ratio and speed test is able to convince ppl that i am a serious seeder?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by HighestBiddeR View Post
    Hi , i have just started seeding and is looking for better private trackers ! i am just wondering what kind of up/dl ratio and speed test is able to convince ppl that i am a serious seeder?
    convince people that they can trust you. that's much more important than how much or how fast you seed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    As long as you can show good ratios over 1 and there is enuf traffic to show you
    actually download and not just try to buffer the account for other reasons then
    you shouldnt have a problem depending on the tracker you have in mind and are not
    a trader, trust is the key.

Just look around the giveaway section you can get alot without any proof

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    convince people that they can trust you. that's much more important than how much or how fast you seed.
    Yeah make sure you photoshop those screens really well and you'll be fine.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    the best thing is to keep your ratio upbove the danger zone

a serious seeder is something like download 100gb and upload 350gb

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    nowadays everybody has 100mbit... to be serious you need at least 1gbit.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    You seem to have a lot of questions bud. This is what, your 4th thread in an hour?

A good plan would have been to start a thread like "hai, i'm new to this", and keep all your (similar) questions in that one thread so people can help you out properly.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    As long as you can show good ratios over 1 and there is enuf traffic to show you
    actually download and not just try to buffer the account for other reasons then
    you shouldnt have a problem depending on the tracker you have in mind and are not
    a trader, trust is the key.

My feeling exactly.
    Anyone with a seedbox can have a big upload ratio,it doesn't mean that you care anything for the site.

Just as important is how much you download .It is a much clearer picture (barring freeleech of course) of how much you actually use the tracker.

Any ratio over 1 with 100's of Gigs downloaded is more impressive than a >10 ratio with little (downloaded).

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Get a good ratio on a few lower sites and link your profile up.... not just a screenshot. Most of the bigger guys have accounts on smaller sites.

speedtest.net always helps too

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Eh, if the person doing the giveaway has any sense than he's going to not even care about screen shots. Just be active and friendly around your forums trackers, and irc's and keep up your ratio up and don't HnR, you'll be alright.
    See ya in another life, brother.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast