Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August/September Trapdoor Release Schedule with Annotations

Hi Guys

These releases are some of the best on the NG's, no bullshit 1:1 copies.

These are for those of us that prefer to get the full picture in the best quality with the choice to edit that which we don't want or need.

One day everyone will see the light and not just accept poor rips/recodes etc

I'll be checking back for future release information

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by John_bones View Post
    Hi Guys

These releases are some of the best on the NG's, no bullshit 1:1 copies.

These are for those of us that prefer to get the full picture in the best quality with the choice to edit that which we don't want or need.

One day everyone will see the light and not just accept poor rips/recodes etc

I'll be checking back for future release information
    What I 'figured out' quite a while back, is to 'split' the dvd9 into movie/extras with DVDRemake, doing very light recode (usually, sometimes no recode necessary)on the movie, and the extras onto another burn. Before I 'broke down' and paid for DVDRemake, I used CloneDVD to split the parts apart, so to speak.

The number of DVD9 postings have virtually exploded in the last year or so, especially 'older' movies (classics). I d/l virtually 24/7, and have had to 're-invent' my system a couple of times to catalog and store the things. Virtually all I but as far as blanks are Ritek 8X hub inkjet printable, around 25cents each in quantity. For the occasional DVD9 burn, Verbatim 6x DL, ~$1.50/ea.

Final system now in use: I use the 'Case Logic' Sleeves, 3ring binder type, 8 CD/DVD's per page (do a search for the 'CDP25'), comes 25ea or 200 CD/DVD's per. Then, the 3ring binders: The best are the Avery 01320 Heavy Duty 'Extra Wide' binders. Perfect fit all around.

The Case Logic sleeves, around $20/ea (for the 25 pages/200 cd/dvd), and the binders around $9/ea (can get 12 sheets in each binder). So, doing the arithmetic, costs around 20cents per DVD to store.
    Last edited by Beck38; 09-09-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: costs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12