Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's a thought.

bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Simple answer: Most people are looking for more than just files. The ones that only want files go to TPB. The rest look for:

-Security
    -Speed
    -Content
    -Good staff
    -Community
    -Ego
    -Many other things

...and the new sites don't offer that, in most cases (regardless of whether or not they have the potential to) and the well known sites do.

Simple as that.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    Why is it that people are hellbent on getting into trackers that don't want or require new members, yet when some budding sysop comes along, announces a new site and invites everyone to join in, they tend to be shot down with "what makes your site so special", "what's different", "why should i join", etc.
    Because they're douche bags(I mean collectors), and those new sites just aren't 1337 enough for them to want to join yet. Fact.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    K.

How do you think all the long established sites got their content and community in the first place?

Because people signed up and made an effort to support them.

I can see where you're all coming from, it's just a catch 22 that's all.

Some of these new sites could grow and be really great if people just stopped wanking over the already leet sites and made an effort to help the new sites grow. That's all i'm getting at here.

It's just ironic that everyone wants to be in the trackers where they're pretty much not wanted or needed, yet as soon as a tracker needs members and activity, no-one bothers.

Spoilt brats

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It's just ironic that everyone wants to be in the trackers where they're pretty much not wanted or needed, yet as soon as a tracker needs members and activity, no-one bothers.
    I don't think there is a link between people wanting FTN and not wanting SceneGateway.
    People who want rarity always will want FTN, people who want content always will gravitate towards whatever does it for them content-wise....and the new sites have nothing to offer, and nobody to attract

It's like saying "I don't get it. Why do people all want a Ferrari when you could get a crappy car for $300?"

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hmmm ... One should seriously ask one self the question why people want to start-up trackers. Nobody can deny lately it's one tracker after another that pops-up here and somebody (mostly staff) come in here making some sort of publicity.

A banned member here (1080p) once wrote a very decent exposé about the fact all these 'new' trackers have crappy security (hell, even some established trackers have crappy community). That is one of the reasons you won't see me joining a lot of these new trackers. About PW's I'm not afraid since i use another PW on each tracker.

Ain't it normal when you are into torrenting for over 3 years that you are not very keen on jumping into every 'new' story. Some people have joined certain 'new' trackers in the past and have learned some harsh lessons. Can you blame them for being sarcastic, doubtfull, ironic when yet another new 'promising' tracker shows up. i don't think you can.

Off course the flaming ain't necessairy at all and a lot of these flamers are still newbies or indeed people that just come to brag the're a part of a lot of rare trackers. I tend not to reply to threads about 'new' starting trackers, since I am not interestd to join.

The question why people want to join the l33t trackers where they are not wanted and not the 'new' trackers where everybody gets in, has been answered before. It's just a reflection of real life ... what people cannot get or are hard to get, they will persue, what is easy to get they will ignore.

Maybe that's a sad thing, but it is reality nowadays. I just wonder how it comes people still wanna start threads about it. The OP must have been around long enough by now to have some insight in this 'problem' and nothing anybody writes will change the position of people.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

Some of these new sites could grow and be really great if people just stopped wanking over the already leet sites and made an effort to help the new sites grow. That's all i'm getting at here.
    Agreed. But eventhough I agree with that, I'm also not looking to become a member at any 0day/general trackers. Whether it be a brand new one, or an older, established, "1337", "high level" one, only because I'm already at a pretty good 0day/general tracker. And I'm not looking to collect.

And since the majority of the new trackers that have been popping up around have been general trackers(with the same content I can already get, I presume), I just haven't been interested. But that's just me. I never think that new 0day site can't be a success.

But...when a tracker pops up specializing in a content that is interesting to me, then I'm all over it. Regardless of it being brand new, or if the staff and uploaders are "unknown"(these things are meaningless to me). Two that quickly come to mind that I have joined recently are a certain tracker that specializes in cartoons, and a certain tracker that specializes in older tv shows. And I'm desperately hoping a tracker will get started that specialize in comics. One with fantastic speeds.

So, I think this is a huge reason that most around here picks on all the new general trackers springing up. Simply because most around here already belong to five or more 0day/general trackers(why be a member at that many that all give the same content? I have no idea), and aren't looking to become a member of anymore. But again, that doesn't mean those trackers can't be great. I'm just hoping any people that are thinking of stsrting a new 0day/general tracker will take note of this, and instead begin thinking of creating a specialty tracker. I think that's what the majority of torrenters are wanting.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Why is it that people are hellbent on getting into trackers that don't want or require new members, yet when some budding sysop comes along, announces a new site and invites everyone to join in, they tend to be shot down with "what makes your site so special", "what's different", "why should i join", etc.

If I was looking to get into new sites, I'd be jumping at the opportunity to take part in new communities and see where they lead.

At least I'd have a better chance of contributing something useful and have my foot in the door from the start.

So, if you're looking to join communitiues, next time a friendly face comes along and announces the launch of a new site, why not jump right in?

You've said it yourselves, you get the same files at the end of the day anyway

Or am I wrong?
    I'd jump on a new niche tracker only.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

If I was looking to get into new sites, I'd be jumping at the opportunity to take part in new communities and see where they lead.

At least I'd have a better chance of contributing something useful and have my foot in the door from the start.

So, if you're looking to join communitiues, next time a friendly face comes along and announces the launch of a new site, why not jump right in?

You've said it yourselves, you get the same files at the end of the day anyway

Or am I wrong?
    I'd jump on a new niche tracker only.
    Yeah, I think if you want to start a successful site, then it needs to fulfill a niche that isn't already fulfilled. StB is looking like a great example of that, as is TV Vault.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Because they're douche bags(I mean collectors), and those new sites just aren't 1337 enough for them to want to join yet. Fact.
    How is that a fact? Seems more like an opinion to me, a baseless one at that.

Which of the following two sites would you like to join?

HDTransmission - new site, already hacked twice and is literally asking to be hacked again.

HDBits - established site with awesome library and seeders.

If you pick HDTransmission then I give you credit for standing by your beliefs, baseless as they are.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I got a better idea....just stick a couple of trackers and gtfo...ur gonna get the same files and if you contribute more to the forums of a couple of trackers rather than 20 u will have lots more fun...believe me
    i be lurking

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast