Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Here's a thought.

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    K.

How do you think all the long established sites got their content and community in the first place?

Because people signed up and made an effort to support them.

I can see where you're all coming from, it's just a catch 22 that's all.

Some of these new sites could grow and be really great if people just stopped wanking over the already leet sites and made an effort to help the new sites grow. That's all i'm getting at here.

It's just ironic that everyone wants to be in the trackers where they're pretty much not wanted or needed, yet as soon as a tracker needs members and activity, no-one bothers.

Spoilt brats

True but when these big tarckers that now exist started, there weren't as many new trackers as there are now. Sure all trackers start small and grow but it's getting ridiculous now. I mean we have way and I mean way too many new trackers that are not getting anywhere because there are already similar trackers that are better. Also why would I want to be a part of 50 0-day trackers and 10 music trackers and 15 movie trackers etc...? There is just no point in doing that. I rather just keep the best ones and use those.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    We need more specialized trackers but i think people hold new sites to a double standard alot of the time without realizing that it takes time and a large member base to have fast pre times and things that don't really matter if you have quality content like (Demonoid). Don't get me wrong, I like sites with fast speeds but the content and the seeders are what important and usually the more seeders the faster the speeds anyway (But not always).

Yea most people want the lastest and greatest movie, book, game, or music release which is why we are flooded with 0-day sites.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    I don't support bad ideas. There are too many trackers, so I won't use new ones unless someone I respect recommends it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    I got a better idea....just stick a couple of trackers and gtfo...ur gonna get the same files and if you contribute more to the forums of a couple of trackers rather than 20 u will have lots more fun...believe me
    Yup, this is so true.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    There's a lot of pressure on new sites I notice that was not there maybe 2-3 years ago. If it's a scene site, the pressure is on to be the next ScT. Most will be unsuccessful, but at least they tried.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234