Thread: Comcast Sucks

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Okay well I've been a comcast user all my life...and I've really never seen any other internet connection...but once you are out of comcast...its ridiculous how good these other connections are, the up speed is nice and constant and I can get 1.0 ratios!

Bit of advice. Change your ISP right now if you have Comcast even if DSL is slower just do it...Comcast is just not worth it.
    i be lurking

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    Okay well I've been a comcast user all my life...
    You must be quite young.

yo

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    I hear ya hitman. Unfortunately, the only high speed available in my area is Comcast

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    RR is offering unlimited internet right now with 22Mb/2Mb connections. It's $60/month though.

Anyone got anything better?

yo

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Verizon FiOS if it's available and you're willing to deal with their craptacular billing department.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I wish Canada had FiOS. I remember back in the days Verizon used giganews as their nntp server. Do they still use it?

I used to find open proxies and used Verizon proxies to download from Giganews.

Anyways in my previous job I used to do a lot of remote work and I found that Road Runner in the states is really fast but yeah verizon is the best one I guess. Here where I'm, my ISP is the best one. Up to 30 Mbit/s down but only 1 Mbit/s up.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I wish Canada had FiOS. I remember back in the days Verizon used giganews as their nntp server. Do they still use it?
    Don't think so, they dumped the alt.* hierarchy back in June and I don't think there would have been any reason to do that had they still been using Giganews. I've had my Giganews account for 8 years now so no loss for me.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    I would just love to stick it to Comcast I have yelled many times at them for their absolute incompetence. The day Fios comes to my area I will switch immediately.