Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Systemworks>

Poster
    I wondered what would be the best way to go about installing Norton SytemWorks and Norton Internet Security on my XP/2000 dual boot system. Do i install to each OS and use the same registration details, or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    If you want to run it on both o.s. then yes youll have to install it on both

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    shn,
    I run xp with norton system works 2003 also. Here's my question. As it was an option to install ghost with system works, I did shortly after the main system works installation. No problems in the event viewer. Then I installed Roxio, then later disabled roxio because ghost can't operate unless roxio is uninstalled/disabled. Recently I saw this log in the event viewer, what is it asking me to do?
    -

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: GhostStartService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 9/3/2003
    Time: 7:41:54 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: *name removed*
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( GhostStartService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+ 4 September 2003 - 06:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 4 September 2003 - 06:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>If you want to run it on both o.s. then yes youll have to install it on both [/b]

Ok, i&#39;m sorry. I should have known better. I forgot that on this board you need to explain yourself very clearly, otherwise some sarcastic little twerp will come along and state the obvious, complete with appropriate &#39;you&#39;re so stupid&#39; smilie.

Anyway..... How&#39;s this...

<!--QuoteBegin-liquidacid- clarified to avoid sarcasm
    @ 4 September - 21:51
    I wondered what would be the best way to go about installing Norton SytemWorks and Norton Internet Security on my XP/2000 dual boot system. Do i install to each OS and use the same registration details, or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.
    [/quote]

Has anybody had experience of this? Will Live Update allow me to update both installations on both OS&#39;s?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    **BUMP**

Anyone?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    it&#39;s not an intelligent install, It won&#39;t know it&#39;s already been installed.
    I wonder though, why would you install this package with better options available that won&#39;t consume massive resources?

Norton corporate 8 and Sygate Pro will give you more protection than you need without all the bog and pop ups, dos screen switches, etc.

@MediaSlayer, don&#39;t install ghost, run it from floppy. Problem solved, no need to disable anything.
    All those "works" programs/utilities can be run from CD as well. Keeps the system much cleaner and more stable.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by liquidacid+4 September 2003 - 15:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liquidacid @ 4 September 2003 - 15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@ 4 September 2003 - 06:44
    If you want to run it on both o.s. then yes youll have to install it on both
    Ok, i&#39;m sorry. I should have known better. I forgot that on this board you need to explain yourself very clearly, otherwise some sarcastic little twerp will come along and state the obvious, complete with appropriate &#39;you&#39;re so stupid&#39; smilie.

Anyway..... How&#39;s this...

<!--QuoteBegin-liquidacid- clarified to avoid sarcasm
    @ 4 September - 21:51

Thanks in advance.
    Has anybody had experience of this? Will Live Update allow me to update both installations on both OS&#39;s? [/b][/quote]
    If I was being sarcastic you would know it.

I save my sarcastic remarks for people who are worth it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@ 5 September 2003 - 01:32

I save my sarcastic remarks for people who are worth it.&nbsp;
    Oooh, handbags.....
    So if you weren&#39;t being sarcastic, i guess you were just being a little twerp.

Crikey&#33;&#33; God help me if you ever decide that i&#39;m worthy of your biting sarcasm. Let&#39;s hope that day never comes&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thanks Balamm for your answer; still not quite answering my original question but you&#39;re right- i&#39;m going to install my copy of NAV Pro and i&#39;ll try out Sygate on your recommendation. I can&#39;t run my copy of SystemWorks from CD though, as it&#39;s not an ISO.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by liquidacid+4 September 2003 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liquidacid &#064; 4 September 2003 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@ 5 September 2003 - 01:32

I save my sarcastic remarks for people who are worth it.
    Oooh, handbags.....
    So if you weren&#39;t being sarcastic, i guess you were just being a little twerp.

Crikey&#33;&#33; God help me if you ever decide that i&#39;m worthy of your biting sarcasm. Let&#39;s hope that day never comes&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thanks Balamm for your answer; still not quite answering my original question but you&#39;re right- i&#39;m going to install my copy of NAV Pro and i&#39;ll try out Sygate on your recommendation. I can&#39;t run my copy of SystemWorks from CD though, as it&#39;s not an ISO.[/b][/quote]
    Give me great big hug to show me that you didnt take it offensively.

While your at it lets give balamm one too.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    balamm does not want hugs from liquidacid, balamm only would like sexy Ashley hugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast