Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow Some Repubs Just Spin and Spin and Spin

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Karl Rove On VP Pick, Palin and Rumored Obama Pick, Kaine

Surely, the many months of John McCain charging Barack Obama with not being ready to be president will likely gain wide play on editorial pages on Saturday, following his choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate. But there's also the matter of GOP leaders previously mocking Obama for even considering less-than-fully-experienced candidates for vice president.

Appearing on CBS's Face the Nation less than three weeks ago, for example, Republican strategist Karl Rove singled out Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, who was on Obama's short list.

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished," Rove said. Palin has been governor -- of a much, much smaller state -- for less than two years.

Rove also said: "I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America." Palin was formerly mayor of a town that must be ranked about 15,000th biggest in America.

He added, "So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with -- is this person capable of being president of the United States?'"

CBS News summarized Rove's other statements as follows:

"He expects presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama to choose a running mate based on political calculations, not the person's readiness for the job.

"'I think he's going to make an intensely political choice, not a governing choice,' Rove said. 'He's going to view this through the prism of a candidate, not through the prism of president; that is to say, he's going to pick somebody that he thinks will on the margin help him in a state like Indiana or Missouri or Virginia. He's not going to be thinking big and broad about the responsibilities of president.'"

But USA Today notes this afternoon in the lead to its Palin story, McCain chose her primarily to go after women and possibly disaffected Hillary Clinton supporters -- not the "responsibilities of president."
    Wow, clearly Palin was picked for purely political reasons but of course that is ignored when it's a Republican.

HYPOCRISY

Rush Limbaugh on Jamie Lynn Spears

Caller: Would you tend to think that a family in this position,
    though, wouldn't you think that there would be a more watchful eye as
    a parent to be watching over these kids so this doesn't happen to
    them?

RUSH: I would certainly hope so, but it's long past time for this to
    happen. The parents here are the culprits!
    Hmmm, nothing then on Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, then?

Bill O'Reilly On Bristol Palin

Millions of families are dealing with teen pregnancy, and as long as society doesn't have to support the mother, father or baby, it is a personal matter. It's true that some Americans will judge Governor Palin and her family, and she will have a hard time running for vice president if there is much more chaos. For the sake of her and her family, we hope things calm down. This country needs a vibrant policy debate, not a soap opera.
    Cool. No problem there. Now....

Bill O'Reilly On Jamie Lynn Spears

Now most teens are pinheads in some ways. But here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her or even over Britney Spears. Look at the way she behaves. And by the way, the mother, Lynne Spears, has reportedly already sold pictures of the upcoming baby of her 16-year-old for a million bucks. Incredible pinhead
    Cut and dry hypocrisy.

The Republican bullshit machine at it's worst.

[sarcasm]Palin has foreign policy experience cuz she's right up there next to Russia.[/sarcasm]

Republicans are hive aliens or some shit. I heard that live above from numbnuts on Fox and Friends and then from McCain's woife at the RNC. WTF!?
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-06-2008 at 02:50 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Maybe they could take the high road like some Dems and say things like "muthafuckin' Alaska, day ain't no black people in Alaska".

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    Maybe they could take the high road like some Dems and say things like "muthafuckin' Alaska, day ain't no black people in Alaska".
    Please tell me which Democrats are saying that.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Please tell me which Democrats are saying that.
    That would be P. Diddley

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yes, some Republicans spin and spin, and some Democrats spin and spin.

There are twits on both sides.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    You mean like what Sarah Palin said after the primaries? "Sambo beat the bitch"

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cullen7282 View Post
    You mean like what Sarah Palin said after the primaries? "Sambo beat the bitch"
    Exactly, but the paper that "broke" the story, the LA Progressive (hmm), gave no last name to the witness, the restuarant is unknown, and there were no other witnesses. On the other hand, Diddy made his statement in a political video blog intended to get people out to vote for Obama. This video is easy to find and verify, whereas the story about Palin's statement.....well, you know.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Yes, some Republicans spin and spin, and some Democrats spin and spin.

There are twits on both sides.
    The Republicans whould have nominated Ted Bird. He would have known which twit to woo.
    Last edited by bigboab; 09-08-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Who in Obama's camp ok'd the 'Lipstick on a Pig' Comment ? Hey I'm dumb but that was a no brainer .

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Who in Obama's camp ok'd the 'Lipstick on a Pig' Comment ? Hey I'm dumb but that was a no brainer .
    Did you actually see the video and hear what he was talking about?

[youtube]GBmd_OujjKM[/youtube]

Now was he talking about McCain, who he actually mentioned continuing the Bush policies calling it change, or is he as the McCain campiagn and supporters want us to believe talking about Sarah Palin who he didn't mention?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast