Thread: Mouse Troubles

First off let me say how nice it is to be back and now to the problem,

Well today I woke up to notice a couple of odd folders open from my desktop, a folder with a crack in it and another one. Didn't think much of it. But now my mouse it doing things on its own, I mean it is normal for it to move a bit (microsoft wireless optical mouse) but I mean it is hightlighting stuff, opening folders, and closing them. Delibirate moves.
    Once I noticed I unpluged my cable modem, and rebooted my PC. Still moving around on start up. (not connected to internet.)

I checked my processes and nothing unusuall there. Ofcourse up 2 date firewall and antivirus. There has not been any damage done or anything, no files missing.

It is not always doing it will just start, it is weird. The mouse will get really odd when the batteries are low, but I just changed them.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It does sound like you've got a trojan 'deliberate moves like opening folders etc' , is the moving around when u're not connected to the internet just as deliberate, if not then there could be another problem that is muddling the picture (eg interference from another wireless mouse?) There are online scans for trojans (just in case your antivirus has been disabled somehow) there are links in the antivirus pinned post in softwareworld. I'd suggest u try one of them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah I did the online virus/trojan scan - and scanned with my trojan and antivirus scanner's (updated first, nothing)

I thought the same, with delibirate moves to specific things. There was a lot of random stuff too though.

The part I thought oddest was it doing on reboot, as soon as the mouse cursor appeared.

As for other mouse interference, thought that but dismissed since i can not even get a cell phone signal through the walls of my Apartment.

Well it has stopped now, may have just been me imagining it more than it was, hopefully.

Thanks for the advice though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    did you try adaware or spy sweeper also??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Forum Star
    I mean it is normal for it to move a bit (microsoft wireless optical mouse) but I mean it is hightlighting stuff, opening folders, and closing them. Delibirate moves.
    you sure someone didnt just sub your mousemat for a ouji board, lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Well if it starts again, just plug in a normal corded mouse. If the syptoms continue with that then you can look into software as the problem. I suspect it to be some interference or the mouse may be about to die.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    [/QUOTE]toddiscool
    Posted on 3 September 2003 - 16:17
    .... it is hightlighting stuff, opening folders, and closing them. Delibirate moves.

2 possibilities.
    1. You're imagining all this or yanking our chains.
    2. Virus, trojan, spyware, keylogger, remote access etc.

That's it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks guys,

Well I am not pullin your chains and my girlfreind said it started happening again while I was at work.

It even opened k-lite. Deffinelty something goings on.

a keyloger may be the issue. Yeah well I am gonna do another set of scans and see what happens. If this is somebody I am sure I can get an IP then I am sure one of you guys who are smarter than me can help me out from there

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    find out and let us know and don't forget adaware or spy sweeper