Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

Well now you come to mention it,

I have 2 problems,

1: The 'not connecting'
    2: KazaaLite crashing

1: Tried the Supernode '0.0.0.0' bit but this just fixed the problem occasionally not all the NC could be solved by this.
    Until I saw supernico's post & screenshots.
    Before I upgradet to 2.4.2, 1.7.2 started to have the same symptoms, sometimes I was quick enough to click the traffic button and got the multiple uploads at high speed but with the 'connecting' message at the bottom screen. Version 2.4.x has the abilaty to directly go to your traffic screen which had most of the time the same behavior.

Still have to try NetLimiter

2: This one is probably a conflict of programs. On an old intallation of XP both 1.7 and 2.4 keep having problems 1 and 2. I recently did a new installation of XP on another partition and this one has only XP + updates, sound- video & motherboard drivers and Norton Internet security & NAV 2002.
    On this new intallation 2.4 kept crashing within 10 minutes so I swithed back to 1.7 and kept that one running overnight with speedup, this morning 1.7 was started again about 10 times by speedup.
    With both versions & OS IAMAPP.EXE (= Norton AV) goes of the scale, consuming almost all of my processor time in both XP installations.

This afternoon I got rid of most of my .dat files and 1.7 has been running (downloadig about 6 files) without a ploblem for several hours

I'll try 2.4.3 next with the same downloads. Let's see if it will sustain my 120 kB/s for those 6 downloads (combined) of the last few hours.

Keep you posted,

Cerberus

(edit typo's)

2. File Sharing   -   #102
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Cerberus@kazaa@4 October 2003 - 19:48
    Well now you come to mention it,

I have 2 problems,

1: The 'not connecting'
    2: KazaaLite crashing

1: Tried the Supernode '0.0.0.0' bit but this just fixed the problem occasionally not all the NC could be solved by this.
    Until I saw supernico's post & screenshots.
    Before I upgradet to 2.4.2, 1.7.2 started to have the same symptoms, sometimes I was quick enough to click the traffic button and got the multiple uploads at high speed but with the 'connecting' message at the bottom screen. Version 2.4.x has the abilaty to directly go to your traffic screen which had most of the time the same behavior.

Still have to try NetLimiter

2: This one is probably a conflict of programs. On an old intallation of XP both 1.7 and 2.4 keep having problems 1 and 2. I recently did a new installation of XP on another partition and this one has only XP + updates, sound- video & motherboard drivers and Norton Internet security & NAV 2002.
    On this new intallation 2.4 kept crashing within 10 minutes so I swithed back to 1.7 and kept that one running overnight with speedup, this morning 1.7 was started again about 10 times by speedup.
    With both versions & OS IAMAPP.EXE (= Norton AV) goes of the scale, consuming almost all of my processor time in both XP installations.

This afternoon I got rid of most of my .dat files and 1.7 has been running (downloadig about 6 files) without a ploblem for several hours

I'll try 2.4.3 next with the same downloads. Let's see if it will sustain my 120 kB/s for those 6 downloads (combined) of the last few hours.

Keep you posted,

Cerberus

(edit typo's)
    well if you are moving those dat from 1.7 to 2.4.3 as long as those slots and sources are available you will get the same speed. but the problem is once you pause, stop download there is no way of knowing if those slots are going to be open but its worth a shot, also try netlimiter and let me know, as far as crashing, you want to make sure you are not a supernode, check for corrupt files and db folder, let me know

3. File Sharing   -   #103
    Update:

On new XP-OS no connection problems with both K-Lite versions 1.7 and 2.4 but both keep going down (2.4 a little more often)
    No significant changes in download speed though between both of them.

On old XP I can't even configure Netlimiter, I think this OS is getting to bugged (lasted about 3/4 of a year, same as the last intallation). I hate installing all of those progs all over again :x

Still don't know why K-Lite crashes, next thing I'll try is using speedup to restart version 2.4.3, I like the goodies that are included .

Maybe I try an new XP installation without anything to see how that works with version 2.4.3 after I migrated most of my proggies to the other OS.

I think the next posts from me need to be in another forum unless K-Lite starts showing the NC again.

Cerberus

P.S.
    Does version 2.4.3 work with windows 98 ?
    I keep getting a memory error but that one might be due to the fact that I have to much of it (for '98 that is) and limited the OS to see only 768 Mb of memory.

P.P.S
    Musleman,
    plz don't quote whole messages that way these forums get more stuffy than they already are, but thanks for your input in not only this thread .

(edit)

Damn now NC started on the 'clean' OS :'(

4. File Sharing   -   #104
    I'm having the same "no connect" problems. I've tried some of the fixes but hey, it ought not be this hard. By reading this thread it's obvious that enough people are having a problem to show that something is wrong with the 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 builds.

Plus, I went back to 2.0.2 and everything works fine.

Something changed after 2.0.2 (or thereabouts) that makes PCs that can work with 2.0.2 not work with 2.4.3 etc.

Does anyone know if there's a fix coming?

5. File Sharing   -   #105
    BANNED
    Originally posted by jstevans@6 October 2003 - 13:19
    I'm having the same "no connect" problems. I've tried some of the fixes but hey, it ought not be this hard. By reading this thread it's obvious that enough people are having a problem to show that something is wrong with the 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 builds.

Plus, I went back to 2.0.2 and everything works fine.

Something changed after 2.0.2 (or thereabouts) that makes PCs that can work with 2.0.2 not work with 2.4.3 etc.

Does anyone know if there's a fix coming?
    is your no connect on klite or your downloads??

6. File Sharing   -   #106
    zylwer
    I uninstalled zonealarm 4 pro and restarted my comp but KLite still doesn't connect, I even tried with previous versions of Klite. I have ADSL and win2000pro. And in KaZupernodes I have those infamous zeros. I don't know what KaZupernodes is and have never used it. Help a n00b out please..

7. File Sharing   -   #107
    BANNED
    Originally posted by zylwer@7 October 2003 - 10:11
    I uninstalled zonealarm 4 pro and restarted my comp but KLite still doesn't connect, I even tried with previous versions of Klite. I have ADSL and win2000pro. And in KaZupernodes I have those infamous zeros. I don't know what KaZupernodes is and have never used it. Help a n00b out please..
    first disable zone alarm and see if it connects if not remove and see if it connects, its your firewall blocking klite

8. File Sharing   -   #108
    throwaway
    Hi Guys,

I was having problems connecting with the latest version and none of the proposed solutions seemed to work. Then I took a look at the BannedIpRanges.txt file in the kazaa directory and noticed it included my local network range (I am using a proxy), I deleted the first row of the file and now everything works fine.

Give it a shot if all else fails.

9. File Sharing   -   #109
    Musleman asked "is your no connect on klite or your downloads??"

Klite connects OK, searches seem to run fine. But when I tell it to download it "tries" but fails to connect. I can see the "user name" briefly appear in that column but it vanishes in seconds and I get "more soruces" displayed.

I do not have a firewall running and nothing I can think of changed between using 2.0 and upgrading to 2.4.3.

Thanks for your help.

10. File Sharing   -   #110
    gadago
    Originally posted by throwaway@8 October 2003 - 06:08
    Hi Guys, 

I was having problems connecting with the latest version and none of the proposed solutions seemed to work.  Then I took a look at the BannedIpRanges.txt file in the kazaa directory and noticed it included my local network range (I am using a proxy), I deleted the first row of the file and now everything works fine.

Give it a shot if all else fails.
    Yes this sorted it out for me (I'm using proxy too), very well spotted.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast