Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

Hi there, iīve been reading all the kazaa trouble connection stuff, so i followed the instructions, but i canīt even get into kazaa now, I have the new 1.0.0.2 version, and it detects kazaa lite and tells me about an error.

I havenīt found answers on how to solve it on the FAQ neither in the forum. Need a little help here please.

Gavin.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Hi,
    I still have problems connecting to Kazaa Lite. Even though i have tried all that have suggested above. Check my IP address, check my port and type it in the KazaaIPort in KaZuperNodes. Click refresh but nothing happens still. I still cant get connected to Kazaa.
    Tried reinstalling, even tried reinstalling the previous version of kazaa lite but still i cant get to connected to Kazaa.
    Now i am stuck, i can get into Kazaa's forum but not to search. Please help, urgent!!!!! I really want to get online.
    Thanks

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I as well still have problems connecting to Kazaa. I haven't been able to Kazaa (or IE, for that matter) ever since my dad set up a NetZero connection on his computer. I don't know how this has affected my computer, but I can no longer connect to Kazaa. If anyone has a similar situation or a solution, please respond.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    @ Gavin
    I have the new 1.0.0.2 version
    What is 1.0.0.2 ? Never heard of it.

@headache
    I have not had this connection problem myself, but you might check in the registry for the values.

ip and port are both listed at HKLM\Software\Kazaa
    If you need to enter them there, enter port # at ListenPort as decimal value and ip at My_ip_address

Your problem could be firewall related and not address related. Have you checked that?

JG427

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Hi,
    Can i know how can i access to HKLM\Software\Kazaa?
    Also, i dont think it is the firewall problem, as i have been using it since a long time ago, and this happens only today, and after i cancelled all the downloads file, and remove all the dat files yesterday.
    Since then i have not been able to get connected, and i get to reinstall the newest version 2.4.2, and that dont seems to help either.
    Thanks.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    tukya
    Originally posted by boyzeee@3 September 2003 - 22:07
    For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing! Until it happened to me yesterday! I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

status... kazaa not connecting.......tried the usual.......no effect
    I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say's "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros! kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work!

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using. Write it down.

If kazaa stops connecting and you have tried jumping nodes etc and it still not working all you have to do is type in your IP address and the port kazaa using in KAZAA IP PORT then hit refresh, this will restart the connection in kazaa and all should be ok

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

I hope this helps you all with connection probs and if anyone can make this simpler or has an easier solution please post it
    I, too, have tried everything but it doesn't work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I've found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Can't connect with Kazaa Lite K++. Tried to look at my settings like suggested, but Tools/KaZuperNodes gave me the following error:

KaZuperNodes
    Run-time error '339':
    Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid.

I was downloading fine until this week so i shouldn't have a firewall or internet connection problem. I downloaded the newest version and reinstalled it twice but still got the same error message above. Is there a way to connect without using KaZuperNodes? Any help would be much appreciated

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Well you shouldn't HAVE to connect with KaZuperNodes...

But with the error message, that's fixable. You don't have the right "thingies" installed. Yeah, I know I'm just so technologically sophisticated. Anyway, go to the homepage and download both the Visual Basic Runtimes and MSCOMCTL.OCX that are listed there and install them accordeing to the directions given. Just remember to Save As...not Open. And make sure you either save it to WINDOWS/system32 OR in the same file you have the KZN .exe. I'm not sure if you have to restart after that, but KZN should work if you do this and follow the directions right. Good Luck!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by tukya@6 September 2003 - 09:46
    I, too, have tried everything but it doesn't work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I've found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?
    I'm having an identical problem. Listenport is there but no ip. I have a "dynamic ip," though it rarely seems to change, and am thinking that this may be the problem. Any suggestions?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Thanks Javakel! KaZuperNodes is now working. So I continued on my journey to connect with Kazaa.

(boyzeee)
    status... kazaa not connecting.......tried the usual.......no effect
    I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say's "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros! kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work!

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using. Write it down.

If kazaa stops connecting and you have tried jumping nodes etc and it still not working all you have to do is type in your IP address and the port kazaa using in KAZAA IP PORT then hit refresh, this will restart the connection in kazaa and all should be ok

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

In Kazupernodes under current connection:
    Supernode IPort blank
    Supernode Username blank
    KaZaA IPort 0.0.0.0.:3556

So I changed the KaZaZ IPort as directed in the above quote, and hit refresh. This just changed the numbers back. Kazaa still won't connect. This thing is over my head, any one have any suggestions on how to make Kazaa connect? Or even where I could find out more about it?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast