Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

BANNED
    Originally posted by hitokri@9 December 2003 - 18:14
    It might have something to do with kazaa 2.6 and that damned company "Sharman" trying to root out k-lite, based on kmd 2.xxx. The thread regarding this issue is found somewhere on one of the sub-boards in these forums.
    it has nothing to do with that, and i have already tried 2.6 and it did not do a damn thing for me except cut off my internet connection with all the damn spyware, none of my downloads started or anything

@milk_man423 make sure you are not a supernode, and hopster is slow unless you pay for it i guess, you need to check your inviroment, how do you connect to the net???

@carding first call your isp and make sure they don't block or cap p2p or kmd

2. File Sharing   -   #202
    hateegroups2003
    I feel for everyone in this thread. I've had all of these problems more or less. Did the tunnel thing for awhile until it stopped working one day when I realized that most of the tunnels are now pay-so those using the free servers may not work anymore. Did the I can't connect thing and changed from K++ to cleam KMD: any different? Just slower to connect. To those that say they can't connect, I've found that it's just time you need. You can hope all the nodes you want but they won't connect, only the grace of God allows you to connect.

MY problem: CONNECTING is very slow (maybe 30 mins before I find a connection). DOWNLOADING is near impossible (speeds <1kps and most all say "more sources needed" regardless of how many simultaneous connections there are. I&#39;ve tried old K++, 2.6K++, clean KMD all with no success. My connection is a T100 (no joke) so I doubt its a speed problem. Most of the time the program sits there idle neither sending out bits or receiving. Sometimes it sends out a bunch but never receives any. If you a knowledgeable god and can help, please do :helpsmile:

Also does anyone know where to get clean morpheus?? I found it yesterday but forgot where.

3. File Sharing   -   #203
    kap1
    This whole failure to connect is very bizarre...

I&#39;ve seen KazaaLite 2.0.2 running just fine on two different PC&#39;s - side by side. One get&#39;s a reinstall of the operating system and reinstallation of KL 2.0.2 - No big deal right? Bingo... 2.0.2 will not connect after the reinstal. WTF

The other PC, which is still running 2.0.2 is just perfect&#33; Program connects in a few seconds, and downloads are running just like clockwork. They are sitting there side by side - one works and the other doesn&#39;t... How could this be???

Well I&#39;ve never even heard of a supernode (and I don&#39;t want to thank you very much...) , never heard of anybody having to f##k around with the program to make it go... Just install it and turn it on... I&#39;ve always seen it work like a charm&#33; What is going on here? Very odd.

Given the number of users out there, I can&#39;t imaging why this is not a bigger problem for people. After all, everyone has have to do do OS reinstalls every once in a while... Good luck getting the program to run after that? I can&#39;t figure this one out. Anybody got a simple answer? Come on, let&#39;s hear from all the the smart computer science people out there???

How is it possible for the program to run just fine on 2 side by side PC&#39;s, then one day later (after a reinstall) not connect at all on one of them. Same everything, just one installation takes place on a different day. There&#39;s gotta be a simple explanation. Roadrunner&#39;s not blocking anything, cause it runs fine on PC#1... There&#39;s no firewall issues... No network... No proxy issues... Everything is the same. Just the DATE of the install. That just doesn&#39;t make a whole lot of sense to me. Come on all you smart people, this is killing me :

4. File Sharing   -   #204
    ahh.. i dont really know if i&#39;ll get a response to this, considering how many people are asking questions and how mine is sort of the same thing (i think?)
    anyway, here it is.

i&#39;ve used kazaa lite for a while and then suddenly, all of a sudden, it just stopped connecting. i mean, it would connect to opening page but if i tried on clicking one of the links like "verified downloads" or whatever was there, it wouldn&#39;t work. so i upgraded to 2.4.4, thinking that would be the problem. no such luck. then i tried clean kmd, and now im trying 2.4.3. arggg nothing.

i&#39;m not sure how if i&#39;m doing the tip correctly that was stated in the first post. here&#39;s what im doing.
    1) go to Tools->Kazupernodes
    2) in the top right box, under KaZaA IPort, i put in my ip address.
    3) then i go to options->kazaa lite ++ options -> firewall, and in the first box where it says "use SOCKS5 Proxy server", there is a box called "port" which has a number in it.
    4) i copy that number and stick it into the same box as step 2.
    5) then i press the refresh button.

and then i exit out and fire up kazaa again but nothing happens. still not connecting..
    o, and on the very bottom of the kazaa program, you know, next to the playback buttons and the volume control, under the search box, it says "search window: not found" and " &#39;Not connected&#39; " message prevention: "

does anyone else get that?

thanks soooooo much in adavance

5. File Sharing   -   #205
    o yea, i dont know if this helps but i&#39;ve tried soulseek, (3 versions of it) and they don&#39;t let me connect either. i heard about the servers being down but when i checked the status of them on websites, they were running fine.. hmmm

6. File Sharing   -   #206
    BANNED
    @kap1 obvoiusly every thing is not the same, there could be a million things different.

as far as an reinstall or even repair would go with an os i have done both number of times and klite connects, the sooner you stop thinking its klite, the sooner you will find the real answer, and they could be anything form your regitstry to the files in your shared folder or your insternet connection or network and etc., the list goes on and on

@misterddonghyun your "Not connected&#39; " message prevention: " has to do with your auto search and search window so don&#39;t worry about that.

as far as your problem of not connecting goes, first i need you to do a clean reinstall, i&#39;m not sure what you got going on with all those different klites you have installed and unistalled so please do this:

save your shared files to a temp folder uninstall any version of kazaa you have, go to program files and delete any kazaa folder you see, go to c:drive>my shared folder delete that, delet your db folder, run adaware then install klite 2.4.3 or 2.4.4

after that open klite without puting your files back in the shared folder and see if that works if not let me know, and we will figure it out

7. File Sharing   -   #207
    hooray&#33; =) another satisfied customer. i&#39;ll probably come back though. hah.. thanks a bunch. ran spybot, restarted a lot, installed 2.6, then 2.4.3 and now i got 2.4.4

anyway, while i was installing, i got this message

“SetACL.exe – application error”
    “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

is that bad? and when i kept trying to click ok, it would pop up again. weird.. hmm.. but kazaa is working though. yay thanks a lot everyone

8. File Sharing   -   #208
    BANNED
    Originally posted by misterddonghyun@22 January 2004 - 00:36
    hooray&#33; =) another satisfied customer. i&#39;ll probably come back though. hah.. thanks a bunch. ran spybot, restarted a lot, installed 2.6, then 2.4.3 and now i got 2.4.4

anyway, while i was installing, i got this message

?SetACL.exe ? application error?
    ?The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

is that bad? and when i kept trying to click ok, it would pop up again. weird.. hmm.. but kazaa is working though. yay thanks a lot everyone
    np boss, gald you got it worked out, right now stay away from 2.6 because if you are not carfull you could still endup with some spyware

good luck boss

9. File Sharing   -   #209
    Okay I did all this, but when I push refresh my IP gets set back to 0.0.0.0 or whatever

10. File Sharing   -   #210
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    I tried searching this message board for 0.0.0.0 with the &#39;search&#39; button up next to the &#39;help&#39; button, but it won&#39;t let me search for it. I guess it doesn&#39;t like numbers and periods.

Ok, MT D3W ADDICT, did you uninstall all versions of klite and kazaa on your computer ? Then search your hard drives for kazaa folders and delete them except for your shared folder, which you rename to temp shared folder.

Check Add/Remove Programs in the control panel as well.

Delete all mentions of kazaa or klite from your programs menu also. Then reboot.

Did you run a program that cleans your registry ? Then reboot.

Did you run Spybot or Adaware after you uninstalled your p2p programs ? THen reboot.

Then install some version of klite or cleankmd and reboot.

Then start the program and reply with results.... including your OS and what version of klite or cleankmd you are using....

geothermal