Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question W Overnet

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Usually on p2p's I have about 42.4 gigs to share. When I try to share them with Overnet, I load the program and it just about completely locks up my machine by sharing that much. I have about 2 min or so to uncheck my stuff in my share before the program is ok. If I get my share down to about 512 files or so, (movies and songs) I can then use my computer. Anything above this and it uses just about all of my cpu and it is about 45 min before I can do anything with my computer. I have to limit my share because of this. Why is this? Is their a way to fix this problem without limiting my share? Also under the options/network it says that if you have a low upload speed, this will limit your download. I find this incorrect because if I upload usually 20 KB/s my downloads slow down. If I set this to about 10-11 KB/s I get dl's at around 20-29 KB/s. I am using the loader so its not ads taking up by bandwidth. I have a 256 conn. although my isp is raising my limit to 768 KB/s later today. I want to share but I find that I have to limit my uploads too low to get good dl speeds. Hopefully raising my speed limit will help.

How many megs is 768 KB/s as in (0.5) or what?

Also, I am using anonx.com when I share. I wish they would allow Overnet to run without going in to firewalled mode. I usually disconnect it so I will get an open connection. Has anyone used this program? Maybe we can request it to support Overnet.

I find that the hash links don't seem to get good sources in Overnet. Why is that? I go to sharereactor.com and vcdquality.com to get them. I think that the site. Any suggestions as far as good verifieds?

2 more questions. As far as the line speed down with a 768 KB/s what would be the best settings for that along with the upload speed/dl speed?

How do you get pictures to preview in the chat? I have tried geocities as a free hoster for pics. It doesn't work well with them. I usualy get a "missing index page error". I have an index page. Any suggestions as far as a free hoster to host my screenshots to display?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    well i dont have that prob but i dont shre that much, now on a 712 line speed i would set at unlimited d/l (unless you want to save bandwith) and set upload to 10 to 30 k. now i get alot faster but im not firewalled, i have HIGH ID i have the loader and i share alot soi dont know (as in on a high sorce file i get 100k d/l). thats about it.
    i took a screen pic its my sig

now i dont know about that share prob u might want to ask musleman
    Image Resized

this is what it looks like to have HIGH ID and not be firewalled

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    max upload for you would be 90 but that is pretty much all your download power, so set it to 60 and upload 10.

i'm not clear about the whole firewalll thing but if you get the "firewalled" then you are behind a router or something with your firewall. check those, if you are behind a router you need to forward your ports.

as far as sharing lof of files, i share i thing it in the high 6000 files.

first of all set your overnet so it does not show your files to anyone that should help. second wait a bit and be patient once its done loading them you should be good to go, but on the oposite side the more files you share the better you downlaod speed is, because you will find more sources.

as far as ed2k links not working with overnet, and sharereactor, i have no idea what you are talking about, i never have a problem with ed2k links specially from sharereactor. overnet is on the same network as ed2k, if anything it should find more sources than edonkey.

geocities does not allow linking of images on a free account.

for site to host you can find some here i belive

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/over.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

thanks every one look @ this 478.8 upload.. how the *.* did that happen when I had my upload set to 10 KB/s?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    now the firewalled thing is prob windows XP if i can take a guess. im just saying that if u arent firewalled then that makes it so you can use mor sorces, so u need to look in the advanced tap in options. if u have a router u need to grant acess to what ever ports you r using for overnet of whatever your using. overnet rules.

btw musleman i know this a nOOb question but how did u get those screen shots as images. im just a guy but i cant figure that freeking thing out. any1 can tell me how as well. but man im getting fast speeds for my net
    Image Resized

this is what it looks like to have HIGH ID and not be firewalled

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    MVM do cnt + Prt Scr (print screen) then go to an image viewer application and paste. Then save the image. or you can get webcapture which captures the whole page. I recieved it with my scanner. Just go to download.com and type in screen capture. Thats bound to turn up something. I will try to find out where I got this screen capture from. I imported it from my last pc through file drag and drop so I'm not sure. I try to pull up the readme file and I get the "windows has encountered and error and needs to close". MVM do you get your ed2 links from S
    ShareReactor.com? The firewall is disabled. I have disabled the xp firewall and anon x makes Overnet show up as firewalled. I was just saying that I have to remove the firewall to use Overnet open. Sorry for the confusion. I use AnonX with KL and Sharaza though with np.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Old Fella
    @Powerstick - looks like firewalls are a bit of a prob with Overnet. I had probs just using Zone Alarm but fiddled and got it right. Might need to play with Anonx and change some settings

And re uploads make sure you have set it, and not at 0 (zero)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    You can't really tweak Anon X. It just connects over your remote addresse or connection. I need to try to find a program to reverse engeneer it and find out the programming code it is programmed in to maybe change things.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Old Fella
    Yes. I suggest that you have a back up firewall for when you run Overnet though, as would be very brave to have p2p application running with internet open and no firewall.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Cryil I definately have a firewall up. You have to be out of your mind to not have a firewall up while running a p2p. Even just connecting through your network and not running a p2p isn't safe. The attackers ping the internet connection's when you connect to your isp's. They also may collect your ip from a p2p since it is probably easy to do but I don't think many people do. On Kazaa Lite though I figure they might because their are people on there that share viruses on purpose ya know. I try to tell the person that they have a virus and they don't remove it. They don't even respond. I hope us Overnet folks are smart enough to not share viruses, worms, don't try to mess up our peers computers, ect.

MvM I can't find the webcapture info that I have. I know the web site to the company was scansoft.com but I can't get that page to come up. I do have a motified host file so I even done a search in there to see if maybe I blocked it in the past. I didn't find it. I figure the company may have went out of business or so. Try the link if you want but I don't think it works.

Scansoft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast