Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 98 Se Problem

Once and awhile i get a .VXD error. I was just wondering what this is and how I can fix.

It says this "a fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028: c02aca7a in VXD IFSMGR (04)".

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    upgrade to win2k or server 2003

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    why server 2003 that would be crap for a desktop pc.

i would look at the microsoft help database and google for any information on that error, chances are many people have had the same problem and there is a solution to it out there.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    fatal exception errors

you can find help to exception errors here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vxd is a virtual device driver, have you uninstalled anything recently or deleted any files? or have you deleted a program without windows automatically doing it? you could try just re installing windows again but if it is a file needed by another of ya programs that you have deleted then re installing that program etc should sort it. also have you run scandisk with the fix files automatically box ticked? if not do so. you can also fix your registry (been a while since ive used win98 so bare with me&#33 1st boot with start disk, then type c: cd windows then type scanreg/fix this should repair the registry, i think it gives you the option to pick a date but cant remember. hope this helps ya

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thank you guys for your solutions. I will try all them. I re-installed Windows, but if it happend again I will try what you said. I am not aware of any program I deleted recently that would be causing this problem, but I will look into it. thanks again.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tartanfruitfly
    Ach, Windows 2000 Pro is a nice package, very stable, and it runs on almost nothing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by tartanfruitfly@4 September 2003 - 23:20
    Ach, Windows 2000 Pro is a nice package, very stable, and it runs on almost nothing.
    thanks i look into purchasing that

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Purchasing????

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ahhh my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast