Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpathians - new tracker based on Pretorians

Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I try to sum it up 4 U - the information is from the homepage of Carpathians
    This new site is based upon the old Pretorians. There were some changes recently at Pretorians (ownership etc.), and some of the Staff has not been satisfied with the direction the site has taken up. So they formed a new tracker, Carpathians. The database is the Pretorians - database as of 2008 March 30 th. Hence he ones who have been members at Pretorians that time can login to Carpathians with the Pretorians - username and password (supposing they haven't changed their password recently). The new tracker has really catapulted, it seems lively , the design is nice, and the content is remarkable.
    Those who were not the members of Pretorians on March 30 th, can have a chance to register via IRC and Email from 16th September.
    IRC: http://carpathians.hu/irc.php
    Please as You login, You're recommended to change Your passkey immediately, because that is the same as the one at Pretorians.
    Freeleech is in effect from 10th September for two weeks.
    On my behalf I wish long - time success and many enthusiastic users to this already blossoming tracker!
    Last edited by Sylar666; 09-11-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    f@flot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    never heard of it. there is a review?what's the content?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Maybe I 'll do a review myself later. This one - and I'm rather skeptic, You know - relly looks promising.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sounds interesting. Never was a member of Pretorians though.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    From a security perspective, I'd recommend users do a recovery at the new site before they think about changing passkeys

If it's the same DB, they'll have no problem sending a new password to your email, and you never have to enter your pass from the old site.
    The airplane of hit will deprave the ground

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    hey Sylar666, could you tell me the requirements needed for getting invites on Pretorians?
    Thank you!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    wait until the 16th, then apply
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    From a security perspective, I'd recommend users do a recovery at the new site before they think about changing passkeys

If it's the same DB, they'll have no problem sending a new password to your email, and you never have to enter your pass from the old site.
    Thank for the comment rvt, I guess that really makes sense. Although relationship between the two sites (Pretorians & Carpathians) doesn't seem to be hostile.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Even if it's hostile, I don't see any reason one site would use its members to fuck with the other, that would just be bad for business.

It's more about trying to get people used to doing this when sites split. Unless you can verify that the new site actually has the old sites DB, it could be anyone masquerading just to get passwords. The easiest way to verify that they have the DB is to recover. If they can tie your username to your email, then all's good.
    The airplane of hit will deprave the ground

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    <^>^<^>
    interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast