Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What.cd with a seedbox?

I've just bought a seedbox.
    It's running TorrentFlux 2.4.

I can download from What.cd with great speed, but when I go to seed even the most popular torrents on the site I can only ever get 1 or 2 peers and a speed sub 10kb/s.

If I try a public torrent, I get an awesome upload speed.
    Halp?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Snefclarb's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    My experience is that everything there is so incredibly well seeded and has virtually no leechers. If there's not many wanting to download the file then you won't get high speeds.

I haven't set it up myself yet, but it was suggested to me that if you want to build ratio with a seedbox, a good way is to set it up so your seedbox downloads via RSS the scene torrents as soon as they pop up.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Boutros's Avatar Poser BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If a torrent is fairly old on What but "appears" popular then 99% of the leechers are in fact "partial seeders". Have you tried jumping on a popular torrent when it's still new?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    seedboxes are nearly useless at sites like what.cd and waffles.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Unless, you rss popular torrents.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I often get ~5gb upload on the comic packs and flac albums. I sort by most leechers and they pick a torrent that is 500mb+, 12hrs or less old, 1 seeder. i often get 3-5x ratios on these. i have been on what for 4 months with a seedbox, rotating torrents 1-2x a day and got about 90gb upload(vs 5tb to other sites) so def harder but doable

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thanks for the tips.
    I'll try them out.

Also, after I leave TorrentFlux for a while, say 15 minutes, I come back and my torrents have stopped seeding.
    How do I stop that?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    of course you would get crazy upload speeds on public trackers, its filled with leechers
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    there are a ton of high leeched torrents with 1 seed right now

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    When the site opened I uploaded 240gigs on the I-Doser torrent. lol... yea, it's hard to seed at music sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast