Thread: Windows Messenger

Only in a Processor.
    ok, the problem is that windows messenger keeps on interfeering with MSN Messenger 6. What happens is that my MSN messenger loggs on too quickly, and then my windows messenger boots my address off of msn messenger. is there anyway to stop windows messenger from logging on? Thanks in advance
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    look in the options and set it not to start with windows.

then get the latest updates form windows with the set program access and defaults, you can kill it off i think with that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    http://www.dougknox.com/

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_mess...ger_autorun.vbs

Prevent Windows Messenger from automatically running

Go there and download the vb file. You just click it and it will stop meesenger from logging in automatically.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 4play@3 September 2003 - 23:26
    look in the options and set it not to start with windows.

then get the latest updates form windows with the set program access and defaults, you can kill it off i think with that.
    thats was how i did it now i'm getting the vb file

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hey! I had the some problem with windows messenger . You dont need that program if you have msn mess. so here is what to do

Launch outlook express,open the tools menu,and click Windows Messenger and options. In the Options dialog box,choose the Preference tab, deselect all the checkboxes found here, and click OK. Yhe Windows Messenger icon will disappear from your system tray immediately and stay away permanently.

If this doesnt help post it and i will get back to you with a reg edit that will! This is the easy way to go and if you are not familiar with the reg edit command and the registry in general it is a safe bet! HOPE this helps you !!!

SHARE YOUR FILES!!!!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    <WARNING>

This is the system manager for disabling messenger along with other common start-up applications.

1. Click Start | Run.
    2. Type msconfig and click OK.
    3. Go to the Startup tab.
    4. You&#39;ll see a list of startup items that includes the location (path) of the executable program file and the location in the registry. Uncheck the checkbox for an item to prevent it from running at system startup. The good thing about this method is that you can easily come back and enable the program by checking the box if you decide you want to it be a startup program again.

If you have reservations against such system changes or are unsure in any way, I highly suggest that you leave well enough alone and use another route to disabling the service. On the plus side, this only disables the software at start-up. It does not uninstall it in any manner. So you can still access it by simply clicking the icon in your start menu or through Outlook Express.