Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packs: What do they mean to you?

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5

Question Mark

'Packs' refer to a collection of different files (similar formats) put together, if they fall under a specific category.(TV: End Of Season Pack, etc.; Movies: Endless possibilities; Music : Discographies, or Top Charts etc.)
    They may be contain anything from MP3 files to 1080p rips of your favorite movies, and needless to say, they may range from 2 to over 500 GBs.
    Often release of new packs generates a lot of seeding and leeching activity on trackers than other files, all in the effort to get some upload, and increase the size of 'buffer'.

I need to ask a few simple questions:

1) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when we talk about packs, other than (ZOMG, a new pack? where, which tracker? how many seeders already? ) ?
    2) Do you only download packs that appeal to you, or, do you go all out on downloading packs that you dont have a clue about, all in the effort to get some quick buffer and a larger e-penis?
    3) How many people even watch or listen to what they download as packs?
    4) And finally, Is a packs time of life a function of leeching activity of the last leecher in the swarm? (And a simple remove torrent + Data after that?)

That is all i would like to know.
    And thanks for going through the questionnaire and putting your thoughts down as replies.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    1/I dont care
    2/I've never donwloaded an entire pack,only selected a few files that interest me
    3/Only for this i download
    4/i dont understand question

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Packs can be dodgy. There could be one seeder and apparently a hundred leechers, so you jump on it with your seedbox only to find out that 90 of those hundred leechers are actually partial seeders with the files they don't have set to not download.

Packs don't really interest me tbh. I grab what I want when it pres 9 times out of 10, no need to wait for a pack.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    1) The first thing that comes to my mind? "Oh, puhlease." I don't go gaga over packs unless they're just amazing overall. Packs full of comics, electronic or classical music = win.
    2) It's usually about the buffer and larger e-penis, though I do love downloading some music packs. Packs are excellent tools for raising my upload amount so that I can download unpopular stuff I want without worry.
    3) I listen to most of the music packs I download, but a whole movie pack is rarely used by me. The only time I'll watch all the movies in a pack is if they're very good.
    4) As I'm half asleep, this question hurt my brain. Most people just download packs and delete them after they've gotten a decent upload amount, methinks.

I really don't understand why people get off on packs so much. Seriously, I'd like someone to explain this for me. Is it the convenience? Because that's all I tend to appreciate about them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    Packs, I feel is definitely great if someone wants to jump on a new series/genre. Most of the time, packs are usually well seeded or maybe even freeleech so it's definitely very enticing!

Of course, I have to admit that I will never have the time to watch the entire pack, but it definitely saves me a lot of time having to trawl through trackers just to click on movie by movie from a certain genre. Packs also can be great reccomendation when you aren't sure of what to hear/watch.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    This bitch is ugly BT Rep: +1
    Packs means everything for me irl

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I really don't understand why people get off on packs so much
    They dont but its a good reason to say you're a "pack whore" to get into ftn or ptn.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Next Thursday: Saying one is a pack whore replaces community as a reason for requesting invites.

Now you've really gone and done it, old bean.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Next Thursday: Saying one is a pack whore replaces community as a reason for requesting invites.

Just a leech for the tracker but no care for community...well immediately disqualified

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    1) The first thing that comes to my mind when someone talks about a pack is "Yay, another huge torrent with only a few files that I actually care about!"
    2) It's very rare for me to download any packs at all. I would rather have packs separated into individual torrents. This wouldn't confuse people into thinking that there are a lot of leechers on a pack, when in reality, there probably aren't.
    3) From the few packs that I've downloaded, I can say that I watch everything, eventually. Eventually could mean a month or two later though
    4) I think you're trying to ask here "how long do you seed a pack for?"... in which case, I usually seed them for as long as I seed any other torrent (months), since usually I only download a few files from that pack; so my HD doesn't lose much space.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast