Keep newly downloaded Kazaa and WinMX (+ other P2P program) files in private quarantine while sharing others.
Kazaa Scanner is a free simple P2P add-on utility to move downloaded files immediately into 'quarantine' (an unshared folder). Other users will still be able to upload your existing files but newly downloaded files are immediately moved into a non-shared 'review' folder of your choice.
Automatically move downloaded files into non-shared folders while still sharing other files.
Save on bandwidth speed and ISP upload limits
Reduce the number of fake files on the network
Review files for fakes or errors before allowing uploading
Maximum privacy without not sharing
Organize your folders automatically
Existing files in your shared folder will not be moved and will continue to be shared.
Works with all versions of Kazaa and Kazaa Lite. Works with WinMX. Likely to work with Grokster, Morpheus, Bearshare and others (try it and let me know!. Adware and spyware free. No time limit. You can distribute this application freely.
Does not modify your existing install of Kazaa (or other P2P software) in any way.
Download, unzip and run setup.exe to install.
Before downloading new files, run the scanner and click on 'Click to Scan'.
See Help for instructions on how to default your folder settings.
Send feedback and ideas to U.B. Thorhaug: thorhaug(put 'at' symbol here)telus.net
Kazaamedia.com: A Peer to Peer resource with all the latest downloads and information on how to configure Kazaa, Morpheus, BearShare, etc. to save bandwidth and protect privacy.
- Added the folder explorer.
- When scanning is enabled, one last scan is executed when the scanner is closed. (thanks again Bert)
- Added the ability to start scanning automatically when the application loads.
- Added the ability to ignore files suffixed by WinMX and other programs. (thanks Bert)
- Added the file count in the caption for easy viewing. (thanks Bert)
- Renames incoming file incrementally when duplicates found in Out Folder. No more deleting. (thanks Rob)
- Fixed problem where if a non-ignored file was locked by the OS, other files may not be moved.
- Fixed the problem when folders didn't end in backslash "\".
- Upped the 'Existing Files' limit to 1000.
- Allow command line entry of what file extension to ignore (defaults to ".dat").
- Overwrites files in Output folder if new file with same name is downloaded.
- Automatically saves your folder settings in registry.