Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Poster
    I need some help please, I dl ECDC 6 Platinum and it didn't work but now I can't remove it! I tried using the windows removal tool, no good. Then I went to the Roxio site and followed their instructons but couldn't find the "prtseqrd.sys" file they mention so that failed. I would really appreciate some help please. But could you make it in real dork thicko language as my skills are rather short compared to you lot.
    Thanks alot in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hmmm....you can try Add-Remove Pro to remedy the problem. Google for it or use Kazaa to get it.

EDIT: Try this thread. It has the latest release http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64943

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you could manualy delete all the files and use regedit to get rid of all the registries it created

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    As I have Roxio EZCD 5 and have uninstalled it before, I was interested in your plight.
    I went to their website and read the directions.
    I can't find the file "prtseqrd.sys" anywhere on my system either- perhaps it's part of a module that I didn't install. Perhaps you didn't either.

Anyway, while in safe mode I went ahead and deleted EZCD using the Add/Remove app and it worked just fine.
    What exactly is the problem you are having removing this?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i think that file was in the installation files.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Ok here goes Clocker
    Right I go into the windows uninstaller and click on ECDC and remove, then the window appears and it goes through preparing to uninstal then it says "please wait while windows configures ecdc" and the green bar goes across with a timer counting down. then a window appears saying "Error 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file Windows C:\WINDOWS\Installer\ECDC5.MSI" If I then click on Ok i get another window saying "please wait while windows configures ECDC and a timer counting down from 30 seconds with the green bar going right to left. At the end another window appears with "Fatal error during instalation" click on the ok there and you go back to the uninstaller list and ECDC is still there.
    AAAAHHH!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    SilverDales,

Do you have any other programs with uninstall features?

WinCleaner Ultra for instance, has a feature for safely uninstalling programs.
    I'm sure that there are several others also.
    Perhaps they would be more successful.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Someone gave me a link to something called Add Remove Plus, isa that a good prog and how do you use the Hashs to get the progs with Klite

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Try reinstalling the program first. It'll either give an option to uninstall & that'll work. Or after reinstalling uninstalling through add/remove will work. Believe me this works 9/10x & is a lot easier & safer than editing one's registry.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Uh thanks zapjb, that worked, duh. stupid me! as you said when i went to install again there was a button to remove so i did and it worked. Simple really.
    Now all I've got to do is get my NTI CD maker to recognise my drives. fiured it was cos ECDC was on the machine so thought I'd get rid of that then reinstall NTI. Hope it works, or am I better off getting Nero?
    Cheers guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast