Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No ratio trackers

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Theoretically just about all sites are no ratio as long as you seed long enough.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS View Post
    1) FTN is the first site to implement no ratio system so this doesn't make it the best tracker .. Others took this plus point and is way better than FTN in many sense...

2) Only two people doesn't make staff . Brandon and Balajik are the only two people who are active and good . What about others ?

3) As for contents .. FTN got same 0 day stuff as any noob tracker would have . Nothing special about the stuff there too.

4) There is not a single pack on FTN which is exclusive or elite . Every single pack is available on noob trackers too ..

But still FTN is good for people who got low bandwidth and speed and who are interested only and only in new releases . If you want even a week old release then FTN is not the tracker you should be looking for...

I'm only going to step in here to fix some of your issues from a more informed standpoint.

1) Not too sure why you say this about this one, not sure of any other way to implement no ratio other than removing a ratio lol.. If you'd like to elaborate in pm feel free.

2) Our other staff are very active, just not in public. Balajik and I are more people persons, so we take the role of handling the public aspect of the site. Most of the other staff handle the behind the scenes things such as removing cheaters, cleaning up the forum, etc.

3) You are correct here. FTN is a 0day tracker, no doubt about that.

4) This is 99% due to the fact that all other sites leech our packs and upload them, which we're one of the ONLY torrent sites that don't castrate users for.

And about your last point, 70% of FTN's releases are seeded by at least one 1gbit server, which will hopefully be changing soon to about 80-90% once I get my hands on some more hardware. So fast bandwidth users can benefit from this as well, and older things will be seeded longer as long as we have the storage to do so.

Just my 2 cents
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    lukekenny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm only going to step in here to fix some of your issues from a more informed standpoint.

1) Not too sure why you say this about this one, not sure of any other way to implement no ratio other than removing a ratio lol.. If you'd like to elaborate in pm feel free.

2) Our other staff are very active, just not in public. Balajik and I are more people persons, so we take the role of handling the public aspect of the site. Most of the other staff handle the behind the scenes things such as removing cheaters, cleaning up the forum, etc.

3) You are correct here. FTN is a 0day tracker, no doubt about that.

4) This is 99% due to the fact that all other sites leech our packs and upload them, which we're one of the ONLY torrent sites that don't castrate users for.

And about your last point, 70% of FTN's releases are seeded by at least one 1gbit server, which will hopefully be changing soon to about 80-90% once I get my hands on some more hardware. So fast bandwidth users can benefit from this as well, and older things will be seeded longer as long as we have the storage to do so.

Just my 2 cents
    All the more reason why I would love to be a part of FTN...
    Airtel Broadband “Fair Usage Policy” Protest Petition

http://afup.broadbandforum.in/

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypanda View Post
    demonoid
    Demonoid? It's a tracker where you have to mantain a ratio of 1:1 (but it's not strictly enforced like Private Tracker )

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypanda View Post
    demonoid
    Demonoid? It's a tracker where you have to mantain a ratio of 1:1 (but it's not strictly enforced like Private Tracker )
    If it's not forced, then you don't have to do it.

And saying that "theoretically" all trackers are no-ratio is pretty funny.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Brandon I am not trashing FTN nor I said its bad .. I am just saying its not that gr8 as people make it . As for packs if u really think that they are stolen from FTN then devise a system to catch those motherfuckers who make the exclusive packs general and available to even noob trackers .. But i have seen many packs on other sites first then it comes on FTN .. So I am not sure who stealing whose packs

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    this thread is about no ratio system ,,but still a few people are fighting for nothing ..
    FTN :
    I am not there..I admit it ..but after all I heard about FTN .it is simply the best.
    and tbh I SAW a lot of posts before..everyone said that ftn sucks,,,,I can't believe those persons..they should delete their account and stfu !!

cheers ! :-)
    Last edited by C-mos; 09-23-2008 at 08:59 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMalistic View Post
    this thread is about no ratio system ,,but still a few people are fighting for nothing ..
    FTN :
    I am not there..I admit it ..but after all I heard about FTN .it is simply the best.
    and tbh I SAW a lot of posts before..everyone said that ftn sucks,,,,I can't believe those persons..they should delete their account and stfu !!

cheers ! :-)
    So just because some people that are actually a member at FTN, do not worship the site like all the people that are outside wanting in(which these people don't know shit about the site, they only worship it because of hype), they should delete their account? You are a very bright person.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Packs of scene content will never seem that original because that content is available everywhere. Sure you can pack it up differently and give it a pretty name, but it's the same old recycled scene releases. You can get them from many different places, not just BitTorrent and make the packs yourself if you want.
    Now go away.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post

If it's not forced, then you don't have to do it.

And saying that "theoretically" all trackers are no-ratio is pretty funny.

lol ys

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast