Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa Monitoring

If I use an IP anonomiser/spoofer will the RIAA still be able to track all my monitored downloads within Kazaa/Lite, or will this also list any spoofed addresses as the download location for the ISP host? I have previously read that we, as kazaa users, are all being monitored within a huge database, showing everything we have ever downloaded, and that certain companies are forwarding breaches of copyright instances to the concerned ISP, showing all user data, Is this true?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by carlnalex@4 September 2003 - 15:42
    If I use an IP anonomiser/spoofer will the RIAA still be able to track all my monitored downloads within Kazaa/Lite
    do you have one which works with kazaa?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Yes they will,never heard of anyone spoofing an IP in k-lite.

Get yourself the latest version of k-lite,is blocks alot of the known RIAA IP ranges by default.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I am currently using Steganos IA, when enabled Kazaa downloads are still available, but the forum pages are not LOL, so I am not sure wether this is actually hiding my Ip from Kazaa, but it definately works with IE6.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    the only program i&#39;ve heard of which could spoof ip&#39;s in kazaa is ncovert

however, i haven&#39;t found a compiled version yet, only source code
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by N£MO@4 September 2003 - 16:47
    Yes they will,never heard of anyone spoofing an IP in k-lite.

Get yourself the latest version of k-lite,is blocks alot of the known RIAA IP ranges by default.
    Thanks, I am using the most upto date version of K-Lite and update the IP ranges on a regular basis, I have not ticked the option to check the listed site for ranges, should I??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@4 September 2003 - 16:50
    the only program i&#39;ve heard of which could spoof ip&#39;s in kazaa is ncovert

however, i haven&#39;t found a compiled version yet, only source code
    How do I check if the spoofer is working with K-LITE??

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I thought of a way to check the spoofer theory, I clicked the &#39;Check supernode&#39; function input my port No. and sure enough it was listing my actual IP. Damn, If anybody knows of a valid IP spoofer that currently works with Kazaa-Lite then please let me know.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    an ip spoofer is a bit of a myth, you cannot send out a fake ip address with a spoofer and expect a response. they will not have a adress to respond to.

ipspoofers are used for dos attacks because you do not want the victim to know who you are and you do not want a response from them.

am currently using Steganos IA
    from the name im guessing its a stegography program which means it tried to hide information inside other data. an example would be hiding text inside an image file. this is not much use with kazaa. camerashy is meant to be a good example of this sort of program.

face it unless you wanna pay for a good socks5 proxy that does not mind you using kazaa(which is never gonna happen) then you will never be anon on kazaa.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    no one realized your isp can still monitor all your traffic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast