Thread: Help with uTorren

I'm having a problem with my uTorrent and I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas of what i can do to fix it.
    I'm trying to get my ports forwarded properly and i'm having a weird problem with my ip adress. When i check to see if my port is forwarded properly from the link in utorrent it says its checking to see if its forwarded properly on the ip address 75.111.xxx.xxx but all my ip address on my router for forwarding are 192.168.xxx.xxx. I've messed with a bunch of stuff and i still can't seem to get it to work properly. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    look at this http://portforward.com/routers.htm
    it all you need

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah I went through all that. I know how to forward ports, but utorrent is checking for the ports on a completely different ip address than i can set them up on. Unless I missed it there wasn't anything in there that addressed that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Man!
    75.111.xxx.xxx is your normal ip adress(if it's dynamic it will change all modem resert if it's static it's unchangeable)
    192.168.xxx.xx is your Lan ip adress(you will write this when you forwarding to new port)
    so what is problem ? connactable or something else?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes I realize that, but if i remember correctly when i had it set up before it would check for the forwarded ports on the lan ip address and it all worked fine. But now, after i moved, its checking on my static ip and it isn't working. If i'm wrong about where it checked before, then the ports are just not forwarding and I don't know why. I have never had a problem with forwarding the ports before, and i can not figure out what to do to get it work