Thread: Xp Professional Question

Hey, I,m Preparing my PC to install windows XP pro or corp if I install corp will I really have to activate this ? plus if something goes wrong with the installation and I can't install it would it be possible to Ghost my system right before I attempt to put eitther XP pro or corp on my system ?
    I have norton ghost 2003 and I have a 10 gig hardrive and I need to know how many CD-R's I need to have in order to ghost my system
    Any help would be great !

Thanks again for any good help.
    Sunflare

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you don't need to activate corp

if you have a 10 gig drive, you'll need quite a few cd-r's for backup (650, 700 or 800meg at a time)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    use maximum compression when you ghost and 5 or 6 should do it.

Don&#39;t bet everything on your ghost backup though. they do often fail.

Oh, and make sure the disk is cleaned up and fully defragged before you start. empty the recycle bin and norton protection. You could also resize the partition with partition magic or power quest volume manager to the smallest possible size. No sense ghosting empty space.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks 3rd gen and Balamm for the help I,ll ghost my system tomorrow morning and get everything ready for Windows XP corp by next weekend right now I need to free up a alot of space on my computer, defrag and fix some problems that I don&#39;t know about in my PC.....
    Right now my computer is B******G at me of not having enoguh space on the hardrive plus its acting like a pure a**

But anyway thanks again for the help
    and I do appreciate what you&#39;ve done for me&#33;