Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fasttrackmovies.com

Poster
    Firstly I'd like to thank the admins and mods for allowing me to keep people informed on the "lite" board, you guys must have really gotten fed up of the amount of same questions regarding this. Secondly to all users please let's try and keep this to one thread, the search button is your friend. If you got any questions just ask them here. Cheers.

You can find us at
    http://www.fasttrackcentral.org/forum/

Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:11 am
    Well the MPAA forced our ISP to shutdown our website today. My lawyer is sending a demand letter to them tomorrow based on the ground that the reason they gave was that we had copyrighted files on our website and even though we told them there were NO files on the server and that they could look for themselves. They closed it anyway. Hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow, if not I'll keep you informed.

Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:59 am
    Just an update we have sent a letter to our ISP and they will forward it to the MPAA, if the MPAA dosn't respond they should put the site back up. I also figured out that the letter the MPAA sent out is from an automated system they have written. Dosn't seem fair that they can write an automated system that can shut down any website they want without any human ever looking at the site, thanks to the DMCA. I'll keep you all updated.

Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:25 am
    No response from the MPAA yet.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:38 pm
    I received a response from our ISP they said according to the DMCA the MPAA has 10-14 business days to respond to our counter claim. We were shut down on 8/27, so I guess they don't plan on doing anything till at least 9/17*. Doesn't seem right does it. We could move to another ISP, but we would need a host that could give us a dedicated high end server and our own SQL server.

* assuming the counter claim counts from 8/28 then 10 business days comes to 9/11 (inc. bank holiday Monday), 14 comes to 9/17.

Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:36 pm
    Thanks for all the support!

Well it doesn't look like the MPAA wants to cooperate, I am talking to my lawyers about what we should do next. My choices are either take the MPAA to court which they say could cost at least $20,000. My other thought is to open the site again with another ISP and maybe even under a different domain name, but even then they could come back and sue us which means we would have to go to court anyway. Does anyone know someone that is a lawyer that would be willing to take on this case for free/cheap or has $20,000 dollars to spare

I'll keep everyone posted.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheers For The Info Zin

3. Lounge   -   #3
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Nicely done, going head to head, thanks for the info

4. Lounge   -   #4
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    And I told you....we will let you keep informing us.....but only for some of your Women.

Make sure you send us the ones with nice Music Collections.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    been having a problem trying to connect to fasttractmovies been like this for over a week, page will not load is anyone else having this problem ?. B)

and before someone trys jumping on my case yes i know it is not a kazaa lite related problem and i have search the the site and not found anything,

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Out of The Ordinary
    Click this link type in fasttrackmovies

I doubt You did this....

BOT

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@4 September 2003 - 21:36
    Click this link type in fasttrackmovies

I doubt You did this....

BOT
    not bad 3 mins to get a reply, and from a Global Moderator, but i did run a search and could not find a post to answer my question. if you find one how about posting a link to that as i all ready know how to use the search .

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thanks for the links i found the ansewer to my question there in this post

You can find us at
    http://www.fasttrackcentral.org/forum/

Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:11 am
    Well the MPAA forced our ISP to shutdown our website today. My lawyer is sending a demand letter to them tomorrow based on the ground that the reason they gave was that we had copyrighted files on our website and even though we told them there were NO files on the server and that they could look for themselves. They closed it anyway. Hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow, if not I'll keep you informed.

as i thought the site might have been taken down. strange it did not show up in my search, i guess i not know how to use the search after.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    bot on the job, he'll get you every time

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Guys, does ne1 know if theres a web site out there for kazaa like sharereactor is for emule. Ive searched thro the forum but cant seem to find a topic which is related to what i want. Ive also searched the web, but cant seem to find one.

Thanx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast