Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Kimsufi L?

redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am planning to get myself a Kimsufi L server after 10 days with the following specs:

Intel Celeron D/215/220 1.20+ GHz, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 100 MBit connection.

The price on kimsufi.co.uk is 20 pounds (is it pounds??, i don't recognize the symbol).

anybody have any experience with this. how much time do they take to set up the box? I had been using seedhost's 18 euro seedbox before this one, and was pretty satisfied. The only downside was only 60 GB HDD.

Users of this server, what speeds do you get on an average? Is it worth buying?

Also, since the cost is not too much, is it a shared server or a real dedicated server?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Yes, the price is in pounds.

Seedhost.eu is simply an OVH reseller, so the speeds will be the same.And yes it's a dedicated server, not a shared one.

Did you move to UK or one of the countries OVH is accepting orders from?Otherwise, if you are in India just forget it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    there are plenty of resellers around. setup time is just a few hours, great speeds
    Hosting-IE VPS vs OVH Dedi
    vs

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Thanks for your comments stacker and Ellusionist. Regarding the country thing, I will find someone from FST or one of my mates on some trackers to buy it for me. That's not a problem.

And I will have to follow the NaQ's guide to set up the box, right?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    Thanks for your comments stacker and Ellusionist. Regarding the country thing, I will find someone from FST or one of my mates on some trackers to buy it for me. That's not a problem.

And I will have to follow the NaQ's guide to set up the box, right?
    Correct.

I just mentioned the country thing since you mentioned the price on ovh.co.uk.It's impossible to get such a low price from a reseller, but if you can get one of your mates to order one for you then that won't be a problem.

And actually the price is a bit higher since they also have to pay VAT and 20 pounds is the price without the VAT.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    What will be the total price after adding the VAT?

Also, which OS to go for? They have a huge list of OSes available. I am thinking about Debian : Etch Stable. They offer 32 bit and 64 bit. I guess 32 bit will be better for the hardware which they are giving with the "L" plan.
    Last edited by redMonster; 09-22-2008 at 01:54 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The standard VAT rate in UK is 17.5%, so the final price will be around 23,50 pounds.

And Debian is a fine choice.
    Last edited by stacker; 09-22-2008 at 09:54 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    32 bit or 64 bit?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    someone here willing to resell an OVH to me ?
    msg me back asap.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    32 bit or 64 bit?
    It won't make any difference, unless you intend to run 64bit apps.Either one would be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast