hey i was wondering how do i set this up?
i'm in college now, in singapore, and only hdbits and waffles work in school. all the other trackers (what.cd/ demonoid/ all pubtrackers) seem to be blocked. (torrents are red) i'd like to be able to access them. only thing i can think of is using a proxy.
1) I've grabbed a couple of proxies off http://fresh-proxy-list.net/FreshAnonymous...oxy%20List.html
and put them into connection/proxy server field in utorrent, but it doesn't make a difference.
2) i can't forward ports on the school's server (since i don't have access), so is there any workaround to get an open port?
3) should i change the port field in proxy server? what about port field on top then?
4) do i need to make any other adjustments/changes to settings on my computer, other than the proxy server settings in utorrent?
5) is there any way to check if i'm actually running through the proxy server? cus right now changing the proxy settings in utorrent isn't doing anything for me.
by the way that little NAT icon with the tick at the bottom of utorrent's red. but somehow for hdbits and waffles i've been able to continue seeding. sometimes up to a few hundred kB/s. and then it'll drop to 0 for awhile, and then start again.