Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    The Strain (Trilogy)

(Normal audiobook speed.)

You were correct about good & bad vampires Idol....yet it seems another botched job like "Under The Dome". {sigh}
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-14-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Waiting for SK's "Revival"
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Lounge   -   #302
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Try it on yourself and see it it works.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #303
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Dean Koontz's "The Taking"

EDIT: Not his best.
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #304
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Dauntless" - "The Lost Fleet" Series by John G. Hemry under the pen name Jack Campbell

(1 of 6)

5. Lounge   -   #305
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    The Strain (Trilogy)

(Normal audiobook speed.)

You were correct about good & bad vampires Idol....yet it seems another botched job like "Under The Dome". {sigh}
    Really trying to like the TV show but it's so badly adapted with characters being introduced and then seemingly just as quickly dropping off the face of the Earth.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the rock guy Gabrielle a huge part of the first book and extremely intrinsic to the plot?

As for The Dome it was one episode and done for me but apparently even those people who liked it are calling it shit now.Seemed to me that it was written by King with such a definitive end and trying to stretch beyond those limitations was an act of pure greed destined to fail.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-23-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #306
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    The Strain (Trilogy)

Really trying to like the TV show but it's so badly adapted with characters being introduced and then seemingly just as quickly dropping off the face of the Earth.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the rock guy Gabrielle a huge part of the first book and extremely intrinsic to the plot?

As for The Dome it was one episode and done for me but apparently even those people who liked it are calling it shit now.Seemed to me that it was written by King with such a definitive end and trying to stretch beyond those limitations was an act of pure greed destined to fail.
    Indeed he was! (2nd A 3rd books)...but YES he became...
    Spoiler: Show

I've d/l all the"Dome" episodes, i'll either get real bored or get real drunk (or both) and watch them in a binge and just laugh. (..or cry)

Hey, at least we have"Revival" coming in a few weeks.

In the meantime...

"Fearless"
    - "The Lost Fleet" Series by John G. Hemry under the pen name Jack Campbell

(2 of 6)
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-27-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: 'nuff said.

7. Lounge   -   #307
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Courageous" - "The Lost Fleet" Series by John G. Hemry under the pen name Jack Campbell

(3 of 6)

8. Lounge   -   #308
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Valiant" - "The Lost Fleet" - Jack Campbell

(Book 4 of 6)

9. Lounge   -   #309
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Relentless" - Book 5 & "Victorious" - Book 6 of the above series by Jack Campbell

(So.. I was bored.)

10. Lounge   -   #310
    A Clockwork Orange is a dystopian novella by Anthony Burgess published in 1962

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast