Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A Clockwork Orange is a dystopian movie directed Stanley Kubrick released in 1971.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #312
    A Clockwork Orange is a dystopian novel by Anthony Burgess published in 1962. Set in a near future English society that has a subculture of extreme youth violence, the novel has a teenage protagonist, Alex, who narrates his violent exploits and his experiences with state authorities intent on reforming him.[1] When the state undertakes to reform Alex—to "redeem" him—the novel asks, "At what cost?". The book is partially written in a Russian-influenced argot called "Nadsat". According to Burgess it was a jeu d'esprit written in just three weeks.[2]
    In 2005, A Clockwork Orange was included on Time magazine's list of the 100 best English-language novels written since 1923,[3] and it was named by Modern Library and its readers as one of the 100 best English-language novels of the 20th century.[4] The original manuscript of the book is located at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada since that institution purchased the documents in 1971

3. Lounge   -   #313
    For fuck's sake.You're retort was to copy/past from Wikipedia without the bother of even editing out the numbered references .OK in that case .....

A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 dystopian crime film written, produced, and directed by Stanley Kubrick, adapted from Anthony Burgess's 1962 novella A Clockwork Orange. It employs disturbing, violent images to comment on psychiatry, juvenile delinquency, youth gangs, and other social, political, and economic subjects in a dystopian near-future Britain.
    Alex (Malcolm McDowell), the main character, is a charismatic, sociopathic delinquent whose interests include classical music (especially Beethoven), rape, and what is termed "ultra-violence". He leads a small gang of thugs (Pete, Georgie, and Dim), whom he calls his droogs (from the Russian друг, "friend", "buddy"). The film chronicles the horrific crime spree of his gang, his capture, and attempted rehabilitation via controversial psychological conditioning. Alex narrates most of the film in Nadsat, a fractured adolescent slang composed of Slavic (especially Russian), English, and Cockney rhyming slang.
    The soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange features mostly classical music selections and Moog synthesizer compositions by Wendy Carlos (then known as Walter Carlos). The artwork of the now-iconic poster of A Clockwork Orange was created by Philip Castle with the layout by designer Bill Gold.

Geez ain't I a genius.

4. Lounge   -   #314
    ow u can swear good education boy

5. Lounge   -   #315
    Being Blackish I take offense of you're use of the word "boy",racist.I would report you to whoever is in charge of this site but I'm pretty sure that's no one.

Other than that are you sure you're from the U.K. because I'm told they speak English there.

6. Lounge   -   #316
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Being Blackish I take offense of you're use of the word "boy"....
    Hey how da mon? Jest light that spliff mon, settle back wit a good book, in the easychar and enjoy the sounds of de waves lapping the island shore.

(Yeah... my mother was born in Trini (Trinidad), so I can relate.)

In the meantime...

"Dreadnaught" Book 1 of the "Beyond the Frontier" Series by Jack Campbell

(1 of 4... but you probably should read "The Lost Fleet" series first)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Lounge   -   #317
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Invincible" & "Guardian" Books 2 & 3 of the "Beyond the Frontier" Series by Jack Campbell
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Lounge   -   #318
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Steadfast" Book 4 of "Beyond the Frontier" Series by Jack Campbell

(Last One was a okay...but leaves room for another.
    )

(On to "The Lost Stars" series by the same author.
    )

9. Lounge   -   #319
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Jack Campbell 's "Tarnished Shield"

(The Lost Stars Series - Book 1 of 3 )
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-23-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Wrong BookTitle

10. Lounge   -   #320
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Jack Campbell 's "Perilous Shield"

(The Lost Stars Series - Book 2 of 3 )

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast