Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    John Scalzi 's Old Man's War (Series)... "The Last Colony" 3 of 5 Book Series I believe

(Decent so far
    !)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Lounge   -   #372
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    John Scalzi 's Old Man's War (Series)... "Zoe's Tale" 4 of 5 Book Series I believe

(Bit of a rehash of "The Last Colony" story from a totally different youthful perspective with untold adventures!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-20-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Lounge   -   #373
    Just started Stephen King's doctor sleep... good so far

4. Lounge   -   #374
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Current audiobook in car is Goldfinger.... I have the USB loaded with all of `em and just passing the time during long road trips.

I know not the question but best book for me is still EON.... love all Greg Bear books apart from Mars which sucked shite (just unreadable junk). Also Stephen King books clearly better than the tv/film spins off... 'the stand' a particular fav along with 'tommy knockers', 'darkhalf', 'running man' and 'thinner' (don`t think they made a bad film/tv of thinner but certainly did of the 1st 4)

5. Lounge   -   #375
    Hello! I'm reading the philosophical novel "For One More Day" of Mitch Albom. I like this because its all about a relationship of a mother and a son. That's what I like with all Mitch's works. It relates about inspirational lessons in life

6. Lounge   -   #376
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Dietmar Wehr's "The Synchronicity War" (1- 4 Books in the series.)

(Science Fiction, Aliens, Time Warps, Sentient Artificial Intelligences... VERY entertaining for those that like the genre!)

Edit: Finished John Scalzi 's "Old Man's War" (Series) with the "The Human Division" + Extras... don''t forget the extras!

That was one of the best science fiction series I have personally experienced yet!!!
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-27-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Done!

7. Lounge   -   #377
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Jack Campbell's "The Dragons of Dorcastle"

(Throwing a bit of Science Fiction- Fantasy in the mix... so far so good.)

Edit: Pillars of Reality... Book 1
    Last edited by Stehle; 06-17-2015 at 03:40 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #378
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Jack Campbell's "The Dragons of Dorcastle"

(Throwing a bit of Science Fiction- Fantasy in the mix... so far so good.)
    Since I can`t seem to find the Sync war ones ....

https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/misc...ews-2014-)-353

Thanks will try it out in the car on the next journey

9. Lounge   -   #379
    Poster
    Starting Clive Cussler's newest book. His universe has expanded. He has his normal books with the government agency called NUMA. Then he also his historic fiction line about train robberies, mining strikes, smuggling alcohol during prohibition, and that type of stuff. Moving back to modern times, he is writing his "Trout" series about a husband / wife team of Marine scientists. This is my least favorite. Also he writing a series about a corporation that owns a very fast boat but it is disguised as an old run down boat. These people get paid and sometimes are hired by the CIA. The hero of the series wears a fake leg and stores items inside. I think the name of the hero is Captain Cabrillo.

The latest Cabrillo book is what I am starting to read.

None of Cussler's books are overly complex and they are easy to follow. They are fairly predictable but sometimes that's okay for me.

- Bert

10. Lounge   -   #380
    Currently reading Dan Brown's Lost Symbol.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast