Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Where are you getting your audio books, Stehl? We get ours (I grab them for the wife) at MAM. Do you have a better/different source?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #362

3. Lounge   -   #363
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    They are all over the internet; I would suggest some very strange celestial search parameters, algorithms and codes.

(...longest with pars to repair has been about 1800 days... how many human years is that? I'm amazed!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-14-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Quantum Search Engines are the key... shhhh
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #364
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, Stehl. Forgot briefly you were one of those rare NZBers who also visits with people. I can see how NZBs would be suited for this size of download as long as retention was there. I'll probably just stick with torrents for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #365
    Michael Connelly Lost Light, Harry Bosch number 10

6. Lounge   -   #366
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "The Troop" by Nick Cutter

(Pure horror... even has Stephen King's stamp of approval.)

Edit: 3/15/15 VERY Good for Horror Fans
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-28-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Like his stuff!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Lounge   -   #367
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "The Deep" by Nick Cutter

EDIT: 3/28/15 (Ehhh... The Troop was better.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-28-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

8. Lounge   -   #368
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Went back to David Weber - World of Honor Book 4 "The Service of the Sword" (World Of Honor - Complete 6 Book Scifi Series)

(Very decent so far.)

Also knocked off a few days with John Steakley's - Armor ...excellent Military Scifi!
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-28-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Book 3 was a bitch, but I finished it... not bad!

9. Lounge   -   #369
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Switched to... John Scalzi 's Old Man's War (Series)... 5 Books I believe.

(Pure Scifi.... and never laughed that hard on first book.)

Edit: Almost forgot... polished off Vaughn Heppner's "The Lost Starship" before starting Old Man's War series stark contrast in these writing styles. If you like simple or mediocre I'd consider the Lost Starship mildly entertaining with the promise of further efforts to come in this vain.
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-12-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: You don't have to be old to read... but it helps!

10. Lounge   -   #370
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    John Scalzi 's Old Man's War (Series)... "Ghost Bridgades" 2 of 5 Book Series I believe.

(Great friackin start!
    )
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-12-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast