Thread: Irc

hey ive been trying to download files from IRC channels and have had no luck. I normally type something like this as an example

/msg [ewg]-s4m33 xdcc send #881

but the stupid bots say invalid pack number???

ive done it before but i have forgot

please help me!!!!!!

thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    it's possible the contents of the channel have changed since the last update

are you using www.ircspy.com to search, as this will tell you the last time data was updated...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    are you sure #881 is the right pack #. That seems kind of high. Also the bot could have gone or a file has been deleted but the listing has been updated

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@5 September 2003 - 03:31
    are you sure #881 is the right pack #. That seems kind of high. Also the bot could have gone or a file has been deleted but the listing has been updated
    Agreed. Pack number is mostly likely the problem. Or the server may have gone offline before you requested the file. Keep trying, you&#39;ll get it eventually.
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    like the others said, I have never seen one bot host more than 20 files. Check the link from whatever site you got it from or try another bot on another server.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    If you are in the room leave it open then do ctrl + f and type in the bots name, it will go to when it posted what it is sharing. then you can see what files hes sharing and if in fact there is an 881 or if you copied it down wrong or something.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by philterlecki@5 September 2003 - 01:22
    hey ive been trying to download files from IRC channels and have had no luck. I normally type something like this as an example

/msg [ewg]-s4m33 xdcc send #881

but the stupid bots say invalid pack number???

ive done it before but i have forgot

please help me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

thanks

Going with other people&#39;s posts.

There is nothing wrong with the bot. There is something wrong with you.

As said before, go to www.ircspy.com or www.packetnews.com and search for the file, which you were downloading.

What server and channel name would this bot be?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ahhaa that # was just an example. Ok update i finally figured out how to download, but the stupid bots dont have flight sim 2004. Is there a search or list command i can use in the channel??/

thanks