Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Player Won't Play Vcd

just in case no one read my other post a little below this

okay I checked everything out and burned my cd correctly and when I try to play it in my dvd player it says "no disk". I know for a fact the my dvd player is capitiable.
    If anyone wnats to know what I did:

I converted my .rm files in EO video, then I fixed them in TMPGEnc the way http://www.dvdrhelp.com/rmto3.htm said to. Then I burned in Nero the way http://www.dvdrhelp.com/nero.htm said to. I try to play in my dvd player and I get "no disk".

So what could be the problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    The problem is with the dyes used in the manufacture of CD's.
    Get your self a stack of CD/RW's and it will work. The colors are more compatible with the Blue laser used in DVD players/burners. (Cd's use a red laser.)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    What sort of cd's did you use, i know some dvd players have trouble playing cd-rw's.
    When you have the vcd you have made in your computer cd drive, what files does it contain?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I remember once with my old burner I burned as Disc at Once and it didnt work I then tryed track at Once it then worked maybe try that also rememebr to finalize the CD

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by balamm@5 September 2003 - 01:37
    The problem is with the dyes used in the manufacture of CD's.
    Get your self a stack of CD/RW's and it will work. The colors are more compatible with the Blue laser used in DVD players/burners. (Cd's use a red laser.)
    so I can't use a regular CD-R?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    are you sure your dvd player can even play vcd/svcd?
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

I helped someone awhile back & turned out he only had ps2, & they don't play anything burned unless you get a mod chip

they also tell you what they got to work with your dvd player, like media & stuff

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by callum@5 September 2003 - 01:39
    What sort of cd's did you use, i know some dvd players have trouble playing cd-rw's.
    When you have the vcd you have made in your computer cd drive, what files does it contain?
    I was burning onto a CD-R. I'm not sure what files it had, I can't find the cd I was using *sigh*.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2@5 September 2003 - 05:41
    are you sure your dvd player can even play vcd/svcd?
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

I helped someone awhile back & turned out he only had ps2, & they don't play anything burned unless you get a mod chip

they also tell you what they got to work with your dvd player, like media & stuff
    Yes I am 100% sure. I have an Apex 1600. It says 100% of them are compatible.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    have you tried playing it with another dvd or cd-rom?? some times if the dvd can't read the format of what you have burned it will say no cd or maybe there is something wrong with your dvd player,check to see if something else will play it, otherwise go with balamm, i used to get the same error with my dvd+r/rw at first it would say wrong format and then after that anything i put in there would say no disk no matter what it was i had to reboot for it to read again

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@5 September 2003 - 06:25
    have you tried playing it with another dvd or cd-rom?? some times if the dvd can't read the format of what you have burned it will say no cd or maybe there is something wrong with your dvd player,check to see if something else will play it, otherwise go with balamm, i used to get the same error with my dvd+r/rw at first it would say wrong format and then after that anything i put in there would say no disk no matter what it was i had to reboot for it to read again
    I not using a dvd burner to burn, I'm using a regular cd burner with Sony cd-r's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast