Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could I Fall Victim ?

Hi,
    I know this question may have been asked before, but i've searched, and haven't came up with anyhting. My question is : i d/l software,music, and ocasionally some video files. I heard K++ had the best protection againt the RIAA and being caught, so i got it. But... does that keep me perfectly safe, or should i still need to worry. I don't d/l often, and change my shared folder directory, every time i d/l, so i won't be sharing any files while online. When i do d/l files, it's around 6 pm to 12pm eastern time ( idk if that matters ) My main point in this post, is i guess to see if i should be worried at all with d/ling files from K++... anyone feedback or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You for your time.

- Sniper -

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sniper@5 September 2003 - 02:35
    so i won't be sharing any files while online.
    This is what we call being a leech. You have more to fear from this community than you do from any anti piracy organisation

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ok, then i guess i aint gotta worry that much, except for cancer . I was just worried cuz everyone on Tech TV, and ppl that i've talked to, make it sound like " If you d/l or share files on the net, yur getting sewed " but i guess that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanx for your reply, time to d/l

- sniper -

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    err, time to upload you mean?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    But when your sharing, doesn't that put u at risk, as if downloading. I Shared all the time, until the RIAA was doing that. So if i share, and have k++ up to date, i'll be ok ? cuz if thats the case, i wont care what i share, i just wanna keep my azz safe ya know. Plz reply.

- Sniper -

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    If you want to be safe, pull the plug and walk away now. I'm serious.

Peer to peer only works if you share.

As I said above, you have far more to fear from the people in this forum if you DON'T share than you do from RIAA if you do share.

The odds are just that good.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Ok dude, It's not like i knew all this, thats why i was asking questions. How was i posed to know i was leeching, i was just savin my azz... but if i don't have to worry about anything then fine, i'll share, thats not a problem. Thx.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    muchspl2
    if everone was not to share, then how would you get anything?
    thats what they want

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You also have to factor in your location into the "Fear Factor".

Right now Americans are taking the main brunt of the RIAA attack.

The RIAA fronts for the music industry so Americans sharing music are at the greatest risk.

The MPAA ( movie industry) seems to be taking a wait and see attitude ATM, and most of the reported incidents from them seem to be a "Quit that , you naughty boy" kinda thing.

You must make your own assessment of the risks involved.

Personally, I think they are rather low.

Not sharing at all in effect makes you an agent of the RIAA.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast