Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Big, it's black, it's W/C'ed

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Hey all i am bk with new bits and bobs and yes i have finally w/c'ed my pc it's looking fairly cool (excuse the pun).

So yer i have changed the PSU to a corsair 620W, the mobo from that shit box win fast to a Asus crosshair 590 gaming mobo and i got my zalman res1 v2!!!!

Anyways took all the bits out of my pc n that and scrapped everything i could of my old mobo which was only the ram and the CPU.

I do apologise for the shacky pics i should of used i house mates camera but really couldn't be assed going upstaris to get it. anyways the mobo

the PSU looking very sexy

the very black and suprising big water tower, it's nearlly two foot tall!!!

and the bits and bobs that came with it

i also bought some new water coolant as i didnt want blue in my case again so i decided to go with green and get some nice UV cathodes in there

The water cooling kit was stupidly easy to set up, the only problems that i had is that the hose it self aint the standard 3/8 or 1/2, so i couldnt get any clips for it. Luckily the seals are tight and zalman give you some metal clips which fit pretty snuggly.

Ive shot the tower right next to my window, thought it would be a good place to get decent temps and i was very much right!!! cores were floating around 22C bearing in mind that was idle. Ive also got the GPU hooked up aswell and that's floating around 34C last time i checked so that pretty decent

Here are some shots ive just done now, but it looks so good when it's in the dark

i still need to sort out some of the hosing like and also i need to stress test the CPU so i know what kind of cooling i really have i'll take some more pics tonight when it's dark and i'll take the side of the case off

The cable management i still need to sort out but having a modular PSU makes life so much easier

anyway let me know what ya think.
    Last edited by Acid_death69; 09-26-2008 at 10:28 AM.

My name is Dan for the people who care!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    As I've said previously, I'm intrigued by this setup and very interested in your results.
    I assume you're using the Zalman blocks on the C/GPU?

How are you monitoring the temps?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yerr i have the zalman blocks on atm, though im a lil peaved at that i dont have the gold block on my CPU one, it was a bog standard one as far as i could make out. Im monitoring the temps through everest if i want i can put lil thermistors in or on the tank. atm it's pretty warm cos the sun is shinning on the tank. But this morning temps were floating around 24-25c

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    What CPU/speed is it running at? Looks good so far

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    the cpu is a AMD athlon 64 3.2Ghz 6400+ BE, tis a canny lil cpu like does the job
    The temps atm are 24 and 25 and gpu is 33. Here's a couple of pics of it in the dark, i think it really comes into it's element, flash
    without flash

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Lookin great man. The Antec 900 looks good WCled. Sorry I haven't had ANY time to work on mine maybe this weekend.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    aye it does the only problem im having atm is trying to keep the tank outta sunlight butat the same time keep it in a cool place.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Where is it being kept now/permanently? Where did you find the room to put everything in there?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    atm it's still on the window ledge, figured that glass is always cold so i put it next to it. Erm the modular PSU freed up alot of room so i could stuff in. I still need to a lil bit more cable managment and also some modification to the mobo tray so i can get5 more wires behind it.
    It's working out really well

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Although your window location may not be ideal during summer months- a lot depends on how much direct sunlight it gets- it should be great during the winter.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast