Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nba 08/09

Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's looking really interesting this year. I hope LA Lakers will face Cleveland in the finales, but you never know. They might be eliminated before that.

But Cleavland is looking really strong this year. They had an amazing home-record, only loosing 2 games.

Boston could go and win it all. But then they would have to play really good against Cleavland in a possible semi.

But as I said I hope that we will see Lakers against Cleavland in the finales
    LeBron vs. Kobe... sounds nice.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    random_'s Avatar n00b
    yea, finals would be great if we could see this two amazing players fighting for their glory and champion ring on opposite sides

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    trevor2000's Avatar R.I.P Jay BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Cleveland is looking really good,and i hope they reach the finals, Boston has got problems without Garnett and he probably won't play til the end of playoffs, and Lakers could lose their series against Houston, i'm hoping for the Cleveland vs Denver in the finals

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah, cavs haven't lost a single game in the playoffs yet, they're really strong.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    king james is playing really good.. but in the end i think it'll be lakers vs cavs and bryant > james !

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
    king james is playing really good.. but in the end i think it'll be lakers vs cavs and bryant > james !
    I hope it doesn't come to that. I hate both those guys. It's a disgrace they're even compared to his airness.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
    I hope it doesn't come to that. I hate both those guys. It's a disgrace they're even compared to his airness.
    How can you hate James? His game is a joy to watch. You're obviously not a basketball fan, obviously, like.

-bd

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

How can you hate James? His game is a joy to watch. You're obviously not a basketball fan, obviously, like.

-bd
    You obviously think that basketball is a game for bodybuilders. It should be more than just about strength. He has gotten better this last year, but for me it's not a joy to watch. When someone starts hitting 3s in a row and crazy shots start going in, then it's a joy. When someone breaks rules and gets away with it, cause he can dunk like an animal, that's not. But I'm not from the US.

Wth am I talking about?
    Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH73R9GIbXg

You liked that, huh? I didn't.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 05-15-2009 at 09:45 AM.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    He obviously appreciates the sport. There are players such as Shaq who are quite larger and loads of players who are of equivalent size. However, it should be about whatever they bring to the game. At least that's what a true basketball fan or sports fan appreciates.

You don't have to be their #1 fan but to call players like LeBron a "disgrace" is just mind boggling. The guy has done everything from winning rookie of the year by a landslide to being the current league MVP. He's proven himself time and time again.

Googling, here is a list of mentionable achievements:

* 2003 Naismith Prep Player of the Year
    * 2004 NBA Rookie of the Year
    * 2004 Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award
    * 2004 NBA All-Rookie Team
    * 3× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008, 2009)
    * 2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
    * 5× NBA All-Star (2005–2009)
    * 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
    * 1× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009)
    * 2008 NBA Scoring Champion
    * 2009 NBA Most Valuable Player Award

I guess he has to be better than "his airness" though to get any respect.

EDIT: And he even gets blamed for the refs mistakes apparently.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-15-2009 at 10:19 AM.

yo

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Well, maybeI was a bit out of line. He is good. I just don't think he's as great as most people think.

I didn't (don't like) shaq either. It's true, that you have to have these kind of players on the team. they're just not superstars imo. For instance I like Mo Williams from the Cavs a lot more than I like Lebron.

The thing about Lebron, he could be the next Magic, there's always 3 players on him. I think he's starting to realize that by passing more. Also his shooting has improved this year. Still imo, he shouldn't strive to be the next MJ. Be the next Barkley or Magic instead, imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast