Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcafee Vs. Norton

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    What do you thinks better. I have norton an dont favor mcafee but havent tryied the new one.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    i have mcafee 7.0 home edition and love it, so far it has not caused me any trouble as far as other programs or viruses

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well as I say so often I work for a ISP. We have so much troubel with mcafee. DHCP error and macafee go hand in hand. or "your mail server has not responded in sixty seconds woudl you like to wait" mean mcafee.

I think all the prblems with the antivirus can be attributed to the Half assed fireall built into it.

I have no excusses for why the full firewall program is such garbage though.

I can only rate on what I see, I see tonnes of mcafee problems, tonnes ot zone alarm problems.

Never have I had a problem being caused by norton, so i have to say norton.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hmm well that 1 for norton and 1 for mcafee

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Sygate Pro for Pro's. Everything else is just so .... desktop.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    what i was really refering to was a virus scanner not a fire wall.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Oh well then, it's norton corporate 8. If you want it and will seed it, send me a PM for the link.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Totally disagree with toddiscool:
    I find McAfee to be better than Norton, counting the number of clients reporting errors, taking market-share into account.
    Using McAfee myself, never had problems with it (once I extended the server timeout in your mailclient's settings but that goes for Norton aswell).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Until last week, i would have said Norton. i have alwats used systemworks and have no problems with it. But last week, for the first time i used McAfee. my dad prefers it, so i had a look and was quite impressed.

**VERDICT**
    Both are good

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by bus2jupiter@5 September 2003 - 10:39
    (once I extended the server timeout in your mailclient's settings but that goes for Norton aswell).
    I am a little confused as to what you are saying here, once you extended the server timeouts on my client? well thanks, but i did not need you to.

Seriously though are you saying that once you had to do that - or that i need to?

I have not had a problem personaly with mcafee, I do not use it. (I installed once in the eighties but i did not enjoy it! (movie?))

I just know from the amont of pop server errors that i get at work caused by it, not to mention the DHCP server errors caused by the antivirus scanner half assed firewall, that there is a shit load of problems with it.

Oh how many formats have been casued by that system saving program.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast