Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help with utorrent ipfilter

..... BT Rep: +2
    Could never get this option with uttorent?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Could never get this option with uttorent?
    yes still cant get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by vanvan View Post
    put your ipfilter.dat here -----> Click Start > Run > %AppData%\uTorrent

Next, have µTorrent running, click the Logger tab at the bottom of the µTorrent window. Nothing much will be shown, since logging is OFF by default. Right-click and select "Peer Traffic Logging" and put a checkmark where it says "Log blocked connections".
    did what you said,but it still not showing the blocked connections

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post

done what you said,but it still not showing the blocked connections
    Ok, so there is a check mark to the left of Logged Blocked Connections? If so, then maybe nobody is being blocked at the moment. Watch it for a little while and see if it starts blocking any ips.
    ok,i will watch it for a little while to see if it starts blocking ip,and post back here

well i watch it the whole night and nothing happen,i dont see any block connection

what am i doing wrong here ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I really have no clue dr.jones. I typed the exact directions of how I always use an ipfilter in uTorrent. So I have no idea why the blocked connections aren't being logged.

I hope someone will be able to help though.

You can maybe try re-installing uTorrent and see if that fixes the problem?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I really have no clue dr.jones. I typed the exact directions of how I always use an ipfilter in uTorrent. So I have no idea why the blocked connections aren't being logged.

I hope someone will be able to help though.

You can maybe try re-installing uTorrent and see if that fixes the problem?
    nope it still dosent work

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Wow, that's fucked up. It's been a couple weeks and still not working. Last suggestion I have for you is to go to the uTorrent forums and ask. Someone over there will more than likely have a couple suggestions.

Also...try a couple different ipfilters. Perhaps the problem lies in the one you're trying?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tomcatlx5
    Hey guys,

I have the EXACT same problem as dr jones...

I downloaded the nipfilter.dat list from the Bluetack website, renamed it to ipfilter.dat, and placed it in the correct directory.

In uTorrent, ipfilter is set to true in my options. The logger has been set to 'log blocked connections.'

Everything seems to be setup properly but there are NO blocked connections and it's been hours. It DOES say 'Loaded ipfilters.dat (241887 entries)' and 'IPv6 is installed.'

Any ideas what's happening?

I'm using private trackers in case you're wondering.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcatlx5 View Post
    Hey guys,

I have the EXACT same problem as dr jones...

I downloaded the nipfilter.dat list from the Bluetack website, renamed it to ipfilter.dat, and placed it in the correct directory.

In uTorrent, ipfilter is set to true in my options. The logger has been set to 'log blocked connections.'

Everything seems to be setup properly but there are NO blocked connections and it's been hours. It DOES say 'Loaded ipfilters.dat (241887 entries)' and 'IPv6 is installed.'

Any ideas what's happening?

I'm using private trackers in case you're wondering.

what do you want to do? if it says " 'Loaded ipfilters.dat (241887 entries)'" this mean it's OK!(it'ill block which ip ranges was found harmfull and contain at ipfilter.dat)
    and if you want to block some special ip ranges go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Pc name\Application Data\uTorrent
    find ipfilter.dat open with notepad or wordpad and write range to bottom and save it and go to utorrent ->peerlist->reload ipfilter
    Last edited by RedRansom; 12-20-2008 at 11:59 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I can't get it to work. i will not use it because of.?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    edit.my mistake
    Last edited by pone44; 12-23-2008 at 04:30 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    nocigar
    Dr. Jones,

You may be having the problem I'm having in that you are putting it in the C:\program files\utorrent folder. The correct folder is actually a hidden folder in the My Documents and Settings folder in C:/...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12