Thread: Browsing speed

ac19 BT Rep: +1
    when using utorrent and try to browse web pages they are loading quite slowly is there any way I can solve this problem? if so how?thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    limit the DL speed in ur uTorrent .. u haav to realize that the uTorrent and Browing traffic is not interleaved in ur internet pipe but simultaneous so if uTorrent hogs ur download bandwidth then ur browsing wud be slow ..

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    a7mednour's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i have some problem then its might be virus or limit your download if u connected with low speed

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    realise that when you browse the site, it is like you are downloading(actually it is downloading, - because browser download data when you click on something), so you can't simultaneously download with uTorrent and browse the site. no u can, but sites will load very slowly(that depends on with speed are you downloading/how much of total internet speed takes it). also in my case, i have to restart my modem after some time - for example when i dl 20GB in couple of hours, my browsing speed fall down(dl in utorrent is still normal), so i have to restart modem and then evrything gets back to normal. i hope i helped you. gl

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I've found that limiting your UPLOAD speeds on uTorrent also helps increase browsing speed. This would be because when browsing the web, you need to sed requests to the site you are trying to browse - Slow upload speeds would mean slow request speeds... Hence slow browsing.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you can also use this software to limited your speed

netlimiter

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    also if you're on windows xp sp2 (and maybe later?), it limits how many active connections you can have. the default number is set low for some reason.

there's a patch to fix this.

more info here

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497
    Last edited by oxycodone; 09-21-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    eram's Avatar graff saves lifes BT Rep: +5
    there is a faq on the utorrent forums related to slow browsing speeds when using utorrent .
    youŽll find some things you can do against it.