Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG Going back 10 years

Well i've got an account on Blackcats but i haven't logged in for a while.Now i read about this keyword thing and verify account,well for the record i never got any email to say you must click this or that.

Their policy on this "Click this,then click that" reminds me so much of the Warez days about 10 years ago.Back then i had dial up,didn't know what Bit Torrent was,didn't know utorrent either.Seeds were for birds and leeches were found in creeks.

Names like happy hippo,warezuniverse,warezlist,directdl....
    Sometimes in order to sign up they'd say

"First click this link,when that opens vote once.Then click next link,wait for the second page to open,vote again......"
    and i guess after doing this about 5 times or more,if your lucky,you may get in.

Then i had to use Getright to resume broken downloads,for example one time i was downloading a 550 MB file,around 380 MB into it,and the phone rings and i get disconnected,DAM!

Are Warez sites still around,do people here still use dial-up,56k Modem and Getright?Still get HUGE phone bill for local calls because keep getting disconnected?

Do you still play Doom,Duke Nukem,Quake,Wolfenstein,Jazz Jackrabbit?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    In other words, you didn't use your BCG account and now it's gone. Join the club, it's bursting with members. I'm sure you'll get your club badge and sash in the mail soon.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yes, this is his sad attempt at making BCG look like a bad site since he doesn't know how to visit the trackers home page. Where the announcement was posted over a month ago...

And by the way, I still do enjoy Duke Nukem here and there. And am very excited about the series new releases coming next year.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 10-01-2008 at 06:54 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    There is no difference between BCG and any other tracker. If you don't use the site and don't read the big red announcements on the home page, the one marked "VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ", then you don't deserve to have an account there.

The only members that will agree with you are the other dummies that got deleted from there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I take It then over all the periode that BCG have been shouting from the rooftops about the keyword thingy.

You've been living down a hole, Is It BCG's fault you didn't generate a keyword
    No It's not thier fault, It's your's for not keep your ear to the ground
    Last edited by forcus; 10-01-2008 at 07:37 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    "First click this link,when that opens vote once.Then click next link,wait for the second page to open,vote again......"
    and i guess after doing this about 5 times or more,if your lucky,you may get in.
    Brings back memories
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    MDMAX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    are we done yet

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    Brings back memories
    I was thinking the same. Even today some Rom sites have this type of setup. You have to go through like three different stages of voting before the download link will appear.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

Brings back memories
    I was thinking the same. Even today some Rom sites have this type of setup. You have to go through like three different stages of voting before the download link will appear.
    Yeah I hate that a lot, back when I used to use this site called emuparadise (when I was a noob ), luckily I have better resources now.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

Yeah I hate that a lot, back when I used to use this site called emuparadise (when I was a noob ), luckily I have better resources now.
    i think everyone has used emuparadise once upon a time, i remember using these kinds of sites to dl dbz episodes back in the day too.

And also searching back in the day for ftps, memories

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast