Thread: No PC version for Gears of War 2

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

Angry

Speaking to IGN in an interview from late August, Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski said, “Gears of War is a great franchise first and foremost for Xbox 360, and therefore we’re focusing on that platform for Gears of War 2. We’ve decided we’re not going to do a PC version this time around.”
    Source:
    Gears of War 2 Designer: Savvy Gamers Know How to Pirate - Tom's Hardware

So i dont have a console and this sucks

2. Games   -   #2
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Is it that surprising? They want to make profit and they know PC-versions are being hacked/cracked and don't have as much revenue than the console-versions. I expect this to worsen in the future.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. Games   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Its not suprising its just that i am pissed abt it .. I dont like consoles and wudnt buy them just to play a few games which are only released on them .. You are right the situation will likely worsen if no amiable solution to game piracy is found out ..

4. Games   -   #4
    I understand your frustration and I share it too ... I like Gears of War a lot and me neither have the intention to buy a new console every 2 years from Sony, Ninitendo and/or Microsoft ...
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. Games   -   #5
    More than that the friggin consoles arnt stable also .. Xbox and PS3 both suffer from problems and i dont wanna pay $50 for every game that slightly captures my imagination .. We download so many PC games just for one time play which aint possible with consoles ..

6. Games   -   #6
    I had my PS2 modded, but now I am not into PS3/XBox/Wii so i don't know but I suppose they are already hacked/modded too.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. Games   -   #7
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i acquire pc games all the time. i WILL buy the game if:

1. it is sumthing i really enjoy
    2. online required

i got a free copy of GoW for my PC and i liked it. can't say i loved it, but i did like it. have not finished it yet, but as soon as i find it for $20 in stores i'll grab a copy. $30 is cheapest so far.

i too am a little perturbed @ the fact there is NO pc version. o well. guess i won't EVER play this game for i will NEVER buy an xbox.

as for not EVER buying consoles i do. i like ALL games, but like said be4. i'm not buying a $300+ game machine to play 3 games. i may get a ps3 just for the fact of the blu-ray playback and then the bonus of playing games. that's gonna have to wait until that puppy drops in price though. even though it does play next gen videos that doesn't warrant the fact for $400+ imo.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Games   -   #8
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    gow2 will eventually come to the pc, they are just trying to exite the gamers and increase the profit...