Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blaine

Originally posted by zapjb@5 September 2003 - 20:26
    He's a magician. It's an illusion. He's not certainly going to be up there. Just like he wasn't really in those blocks of ice etc.
    Course he was in those blocks of ice, there were ppl standin a few feet away from him watchin it!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by zapjb@5 September 2003 - 19:26
    He's a magician. It's an illusion. He's not certainly going to be up there. Just like he wasn't really in those blocks of ice etc.
    Actually, all his endurance attemps are real, he was in the Ice, which is why he now has a limp (due to frostbite) and tolorence to hot and cold is shot to shit!

Trust me, I have access to sites not available to lay people (no offence, nut you need to know things to get in)

@4Play...........Have been for a while, gonna see if I can make 6 months, then they said they would give me a chocolate egg

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    I agree with Jonno about David Copperkettle and the like, thats not magic that's performance.

Jerry Sadowiz now there is a feckin illusionist. Have you seen him doing card tricks Jonno - superb.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    JONNO Why would you want to lay people with sites?

Come to think of it I have layed some sights in my time.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    In 1999 (or so) a chap stayed in a barrel 1/8 of the size of this glass box for about 67 days.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes m8 I have, I have also seen some fantastic card magicians (which is what I do mostly) of 16/18 y/o, one in perticular called Drum!...This guy is so good it's untrue, I have seen him do tricks that I KNOW how they are done and can do them but he still catches me out.

Magic........real magic is done before your very eyes, not on stage, not on tv, but right in front of you.

I can do stuff on stage like they do, the sawing a woman in half thing, ........costs just over £700 for the gear, I used a deck of cards that costs me £1.99

Magic is not the trick, but the feeling of complete dibeleif the spectator gets when seeing a trick

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Article in today's "Mirror"

Edit:
    Just searched and there's loads of his stuff on K++ (as in videos of his stunts - not tricks involving P2P applications).

8. Lounge   -   #28
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@5 September 2003 - 20:37
    Jerry Sadowiz now there is a feckin illusionist. Have you seen him doing card tricks Jonno - superb.
    If I'm thinking of the same guy, I read his "Harry Potter" trick in Viz!

I'm thinking about going up london to see David Blaine and pelting his tank with steak and chips!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Well he's in the box now. Watching on SKY one interactive.

Wonder if he'll last.

I'm thinking about going up london to see David Blaine and pelting his tank with steak and chips!
    rotflmao

10. Lounge   -   #30
    tartanfruitfly
    Or he could turn out much like Houdini did, which is dead...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast