Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Those That Don't Share

FongPayJay
    I hate those that don't share....

I wish there was an added tool that would let me share to others that do share... and block specifically those that don't...

Is there a program out there like this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    no
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Yes there is.

It cuts of the people that do not share from downloading from you.

I know, i used the program once

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@5 September 2003 - 21:52
    Yes there is.

can the program detect if the user is using the reg entry to stop users getting filelist?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+5 September 2003 - 21:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 5 September 2003 - 21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stonecold1203@5 September 2003 - 21:52
    Yes there is.

can the program detect if the user is using the reg entry to stop users getting filelist? [/b][/quote]
    No.

Which is the bad part about it.

Not a lot of people (that know about kazaalite block feature) use it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    so then the program just cuts off people like me and every body else who has their option setup so that no one sees their files, unfairly (aka the program is useless and might as well not exist)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Due to the latest file sharing problems with the current RIAA crap, I have also selected the option so that my files cannot be listed, by selected &#39;view more files from this user&#39;. This does not mean that I am not sharing, but I am sharing in a stealthier mode. Yes my name can be found alongside legit searches for individual files, but this mode makes it harder for the RIAA to discover what files I am actually sharing. I suspect that a greater number of users will become enlightened to this sooner or later, therefore any program that blocks users, purely on the aspect that no files could be searched for that user, will destroy Kazaa altogether or at least make it pointless to atempt a download.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by carlnalex@6 September 2003 - 19:22
    Due to the latest file sharing problems with the current RIAA crap, I have also selected the option so that my files cannot be listed, by selected &#39;view more files from this user&#39;. This does not mean that I am not sharing, but I am sharing in a stealthier mode.
    This is the problem.

Noobs don&#39;t understand that. They think your not sharing right away and don&#39;t even think of the fact that you have the privacy patch on.

With the patch, there will never be a program that stops leeches untill the program is smart enought to tell the difference between the privacy patch and a user who is really NOT sharing files.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Right now, the only way to check would be to scan the @... section of the user name to see if K++ is installed... But that&#39;s faulty at best.
    If somebody wanted to bother, they could modify the packets so an additional header, something like HTTP_USES_PRIVACY_PATCH could be sent along with everything else... That would be foolproof, but I don&#39;t see any volunteers...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    If you did that then soon there would be a program to send the key along even if people are&#39;nt sharing. It&#39;s just better not to worry about it and to share to everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast