Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restarting Dead Dowloads

I've had a few movie downloads just sat there for days ... weeks even ...without moving much. I kept searching for more sources hoping I'd catch a good one, but no success of course. My guess is I filled up the dat files with snail's pace or no-longer-online sources. Finally I used K-Dat to delete all the crappy sources from my dat files and started searching over again. I won't say it's boosted my downloading speeds to infinity and beyond but it has at least given them a jump-start ....

Anyone out there got enough of a kazaa brain to figure out whether this is actually a tip, or if its just a fluke?

cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    it's a tip, however, i believe it has been mentioned before
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Just thought it might be worth mentioning. A lot of people around here seem to be having the same problem I had (i.e. downloads not connecting to more than one source, or only connecting at very slow speeds) and this has cured it for me.
    After deleted the old sources and searching for new ones all my downloads are back to full speed ahead captain.
    Sorry if it&#39;s repitition, but it might just help a couple of people out.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Nice one - I will vouch for this - just tried it - and resurrected one very dead download&#33;&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Actually help&#33;&#33;

I think I was doing it wrong - every time I try to delete a source for a file I get an I/O error 32 message. Could someone please put me right??

Thanks
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s cos you have Kazaa open when you&#39;re trying it. I vaguely recall that&#39;s what happened when I tried to delete sources of active (but very slow) downloads. Just stop KL++ while you delete the sources.... i think.
    Sorry ...i&#39;m getting old and my memory fails me with increasing regularity.... i think.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Thanks I&#39;ll try now (have also posted this a question in the question section).

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    My failing memory and I wish you luck.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Louis Wu@6 September 2003 - 11:13
    My failing memory and I wish you luck.
    Nothing wrong with your memory on this one my friend - you are entirely correct.

Thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Glad to be of assistance. (and reassured about my ability to remember events less than 1 week old)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast