Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Loonies

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I get the train into work and there's this ticket seller dude, a big fat lad. When people ask for a ticket he also replies something like "That's your £1.95 then". Always "That's your...". He's like a caricature.

Anyway, I was buying a weekly ticket and got the "That's your £10.50, then" whilst he was fannying about with the machine. I handed him my switch card and he said, rather indignantly "Oh you want to pay by card after all". After all fucking what, I never indicated anything to the contrary. I assume he had input "cash" into his wee machine and was somehow annoyed at me for this.

I just sent him on his way saying "I'll buy it at the station when we get there, mate". He agreed that was probably best as he had all sorts of other things to do, like opening the door. No need for him to get stressed out on my account by fucking doing his job or anything.

True Story.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I get the train into work and there's this ticket seller dude, a big fat lad. When people ask for a ticket he also replies something like "That's your £1.95 then". Always "That's your...". He's like a caricature.

Anyway, I was buying a weekly ticket and got the "That's your £10.50, then" whilst he was fannying about with the machine. I handed him my switch card and he said, rather indignantly "Oh you want to pay by card after all". After all fucking what, I never indicated anything to the contrary. I assume he had input "cash" into his wee machine and was somehow annoyed at me for this.

I just sent him on his way saying "I'll buy it at the station when we get there, mate". He agreed that was probably best as he had all sorts of other things to do, like opening the door. No need for him to get stressed out on my account by fucking doing his job or anything.

True Story.
    The trains should be fun tomorrow Can't decide whether to go in by train or drive to Johnstone where there might be a reasonable expectation of least a train or two home at night. I'll be a tad annoyed if I go in by train and find I have to walk home

Not seen that ticket chap btw - the ones on my train are quite nice. Saw a lad trying to spoof the guards at the gate in Central One of them caught him by the collar and pointed him towards the ticket sellers saying "I don't think so son" Must have eyes like eagles to spot an old ticket in that rush. Wondered if the lad had any money with him or whether he was stuck on the platform until they stopped the gate watch thing.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #3
    What's happening tomorrow. I thought the strikes were cancelled.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    They are? Guard on the train home tonight said they were on.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Really, it must have changed again.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Just checked the Beeb - says talks broke down this afternoon and strikes are back on. According to First Rail my last train home is 17:20. Do I believe that this train will run or do I take the car along with everybody else and spend the day in a traffic jam?

Decisions.
    Last edited by Biggles; 10-06-2008 at 08:51 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Can you not work from home? That's what Gem's doing

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Can you not work from home? That's what Gem's doing

Nice idea - I have a meeting at 10:30 but

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Fuck sake Les. Video conference it. Just remember you have to keep yer clothes ON for this one.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Fuck sake Les. Video conference it. Just remember you have to keep yer clothes ON for this one.
    So that is why they took the video conferencing gear off me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast