Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norton Products

i just reinstalled windows xp home edition. After doing this, i downloaded norton internet security 2003, norton antivirus 2003 pro, systemworks 2003. None of them work right. The little globe for internet security-is not there. Nor is the auto protect option enabled in systemworks and antivirus. When i hit enable, nothing happens. please help me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    did u restart when u installed them, if not then ur setup's are currypt

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Did u install XP (home) over the top, or do a fresh install?? If its the former then maybe u got remains of the Norton products on ya comp still? This can cause ya all sorts of bother.. I've found the best results are gained from Uninstalling All Norton products (add/remove programs)..that includes the Live Update program also (anything Symantec related)..then download a small tool called JV16 Power tools from here http://www.macecraft.com/ and use that to check your Registry for any remaining Symantec garbage left around..Then re-install ya Norton products..I had the same sort of trouble switching around from NAV 2002/3/4...but this seemed to fix it all..Hope it helps!!!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Ya reboot after installation of software.
    If they don't work get som more copies from Kazaa

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If any of the above dont work..get y'self Windows XP Pro. (much more stable, and like Norton products better!!&#33
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Terminator+ 5 September 2003 - 21:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Terminator &#064; 5 September 2003 - 21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i just reinstalled windows xp home edition. After doing this, i downloaded norton internet security 2003, norton antivirus 2003 pro, systemworks 2003. None of them work right. The little globe for internet security-is not there. Nor is the auto protect option enabled in systemworks and antivirus. When i hit enable, nothing happens. please help me[/b]

All three products include an AV. Probably wise to uninstall the lot and start again. Do away with Norton AV Pro and just install systemworks and Internet Security. When Intenet security asks whether you wish to install the AV select no. You can&#39;t choose not to install the AV included with systemworks.

Edit

<!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz
    @ 5 September 2003 - 22:12
    If any of the above dont work..get y&#39;self Windows XP Pro. (much more stable, and like Norton products better&#33;&#33;&#33 [/quote]

Ignore this- Hes talking rubbish.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    downloaded norton internet security 2003, norton antivirus 2003 pro, systemworks 2003
    Did you installed all that stuff together???

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    no seperate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Yes but is it all installed on the same os. If so that is your problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If you have all that stuff in your pc ,my advice is to formatt your disk and reinstall XP .I think Norton Internet Security is enough for your pc,you don&#39;t need NSW.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast