Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible fast ways to transfare files to my pc?

BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hello,
    I have a OVH KimSufi seedbox and I have many files that I would like to transfare to my pc,
    but when using FTP clients (i tried a lot of them..) they all dont max my dl speed (they only reach ~120 kb/s)..
    I got a Rapidshare premium acc that i would use so I can upload the files to it then dl them to my pc.. but I have a UBUNTU OS so i cant use RAPIDSHARE MANAGER so that i can upload 2 gb files (with no need to split the files..)
    is there any other way so i can finally transfare the files fastly?!
    THX

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    no

you need to setup vsftpd correctly.

...and use 3d-ftp on your home pc.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +1
    yeah, you need to open multiple ftp sessions to improve speed. 3dftp is good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    How do you mean setup vsftpd properly?

I can get 8mbps (mega-bits) if I use 8 threads in CuteFTP, fastest I can get a single thread to go is 1mbps.

3d-ftp doesn't do anything on single files, it's multithread does multiple files, ok for rar archives, but places like BitMeTV it's all a single file..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    arkan's Avatar Desitorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i use cuteftp pro for single files. it splits up single files into up to 8 parts

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah I mentioned CuteFTP, and it does a decent job of it though I wish I could split into 20 parts to actually max out my connection. Surely if the server can send multiple parts at a good speed, why does it need to be on multiple connections?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanadium View Post
    Yeah I mentioned CuteFTP, and it does a decent job of it though I wish I could split into 20 parts to actually max out my connection. Surely if the server can send multiple parts at a good speed, why does it need to be on multiple connections?
    Google TCP window size or RFC1323

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I tried CuteFTP so I can split the file into parts but still I cant reach good DL speed!

Quote Originally Posted by single.malt View Post
    Another option friends of mine have used is to use the internal tracker in uTorrent, create your own personal torrent and download it to home using uTorrent.
    Can u tell me how to do an internal tracker?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    OmaRin0, follow this guide
    http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-create-a-torrent/

Then just downloaded the .torrent file you created to your computer via ftp and load it in utorrent. This didn't work for me, I got the same speeds..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Is there a client (like rapidshare manager) so I can upload to RS.COM big files that can start on UBUNTU?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanadium View Post
    This didn't work for me, I got the same speeds..
    Have u found a solution..?
    Last edited by OmaRin0; 10-10-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast