Thread: A'm In New York City For A Few Months...

tartanfruitfly
    This'n is quite an int'restin' trip. I'm now in NYC, have been for about two days now. When I got on the plane, the damned hussy of a' stewardess asked me if I'd like a pillow, like a'm some sort a' invalid... A' maybe old, but damned if I'll let some push-pin youngin' slam me inta' some home...
    Well, a' got to New York, an' took some sort a' lorry to the city. From there, I got to the hotel, an' went ta' work. A'm givin' a series a' lectures on Australia to some group'a idiots...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    hope u enjoy your stay in NY, i really miss the place

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Is it too late so sign up? Your obvious enthusiasm for the whole project has really inspired me. Being an idiot, myself, I feel more than qualified to attend.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Why are you lecturing on OZ in USA when you type like an extra from Brigadoon?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Do you lecture on idiocy?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    tartanfruitfly
    Well, its quite simple. I had (still have) an old friend from the Yorkshire local, and he just happened to be in the neighborhood. We got to talking about such and such, and he brought up that he was looking for a person to come with him to New York and lecture at a local university.
    I'll be lecturing on the theories behind the arrival of animal life (human included) in Australia. As I am sure most of ye know, the location of Australia from a geographical standpoint makes for some interesting theories to shoot down. And I apologize for my earlier comment. They are not idiots, just a bunch of namby-pamby philosophers...
    I don't mind the extra pay though, and free Verizon Online DSL isn't a bad perk...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    You guys should of been around during the NYC blackout. Just unbeliveably amazing. I've never in my whole life seen NYC so dark. It was like the city that never sleeps, finnaly went to sleep.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tartanfruitfly
    Originally posted by sage0112@6 September 2003 - 04:06
    You guys should of been around during the NYC blackout. Just unbeliveably amazing. I've never in my whole life seen NYC so dark. It was like the city that never sleeps, finnaly went to sleep.
    Or finally got put to sleep...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    As fruitflies do.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    My, my, Fruitfly, your vernacular is slipping.