Thread: What.cd - appeal ban?

Urgent

Hey, so I'm new at using private trackers and I got an invite from a friend to join What.cd. I signed up, downloaded some files, and left them seeding, knowing one needs to maintain a ratio and whatnot, but then I went to What.cd again, and I'm banned, apparently. Or my "account has been suspended," rather.

Does anyone know how I could go about appealing my ban? I was using the latest uTorrent, so if that gets you banned or something then I guess I can switch clients.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find any way of communicating with anyone from What.cd without getting another account, which is something I'd rather not do.

Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    hm. why don't you ask your friend how to contact them?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    He's over the Internet (IRC), never gave me any contact information and has been offline for awhile...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ah, nice friend )
    so you know the magic word "IRC", this is your way to contact what.cd staff. irc.what-network.net
    it's been posted here at least ten times i think, but for some reason people like you never using it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yeah, found it, and got things straightened out on #what.cd-disabled.

Maybe there should be a sticky with ban-help or something for the various sites...?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    there can be anything but it's up to fst staff to decide and for us - to deal with consequences ))))
    so what was your problem and have you got your acc back?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Nope...long story short, my "friend" either provides codes for invite sites or he got one from an invite site and gave it to me, but either way they apparently knew I came from an invite site and there's no chance of getting an account there again.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by unniloct View Post
    Nope...long story short, my "friend" either provides codes for invite sites or he got one from an invite site and gave it to me, but either way they apparently knew I came from an invite site and there's no chance of getting an account there again.
    Ouch. No biggie though, there's always Waffles for your music fix.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unniloct View Post
    Ouch. No biggie though, there's always Waffles for your music fix.
    or oink if he can find an invite