Thread: Progression Of Next-gen Piracy

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Ok, well, when the thought of getting a next-gen system, came to mind, I always told myself, I would get the first one that was able to be modded. Sort of the reason, I got my PS2 before my xbox, not to mention my PS2 could play all my PSX copied games...

So, my main question, in terms of progression, which next-gen system has progressed the farthest in terms of being able to play homebrew, copied, etc? I assume the XBox 360, is this correct?

2. Games   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    for homebrew none of them.

the easiest to mod is the 360, just flash it, Wii needs a chip, and some new ones cant be chipped (yet, or are a pain anyway). PS3 you cant do sod all with yet, and tbh its looking like we may never be able to do anything with.

but as far as im aware, none of them have any homebrew, unless you count putting linux on the PS3 as homebrew, but there is no Xbox Media center and all that stuff on them.

3. Games   -   #3
    RIFKinator's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Actually, Wii has an ISO Loader, except it was leaked and a beta and the author decided to not develop it anymore (however he said he might reconsider it)

4. Games   -   #4
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Xbox 360 and Wii both will play burned games. I think the Wii is easier to mod however.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 10-14-2008 at 08:44 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    Xbox 360 and Wii both will play burned games. I think the Wii is easier to mod however.
    Haha, have you ever modded both? Xbox 360 is much easier. Good luck not snapping your wii case if you barely screw in the screw too hard.

Although the wii does now hard solderless modchips, I can still open, mod, and put back together a 360 in less than 15 min
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 10-19-2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I thought I heard somewhere that the Wii had a boot disk. Maybe not...

I own a modded 360, but no Wii.

7. Games   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Not yet it hasnt, its supposed to be in the pipeline, but they have been saying the same for the PS3 for 2 years or so now, so i will believe it when i see it.

8. Games   -   #8
    I was gonna argue that all you need on the wii was an SD card with the boot loader, but it seems that there is yet to be a working release for it.
    The 360 is your best bet, though the current release ones with the liteon drives prove to be less hack-friendly.