Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: People with young children....

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    It is a lot worse to have a kid go berserk in your home than in a public place.
    In public places at least there is the distraction of people going berserk cause the kid is annoyed, which tends to calm the kid down and put things into perspective.

I thank you for your distraction.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I'll tell you what will stop a kid misbehaving in public. Taking them quietly away from everyone else so you drum it into their thick heads that living in a society peacefully involves being thoughtful to others, then put them somewhere boring for a while to think it through. Then explain that since they played up in the supermarket for instance, you're both now going to have to go back to the shop to do the shopping instead of take them swimming or whatever as you previously promised. No fannying around. I'm sure the antisocial little bastard will learn when it finds itself inconvenienced by its own behaviour.

Jesus, I really hope I never have kids .

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    So long as an establishment has a clear policy people have no cause for complaint. The place I'm at just now has a sign on at the front of the restaurant saying "Children Welcome At All Times".

I think that's quite clear. It's family orientated, if you don't like that go elsewhere. I've seen other which show things like "Children Welcome Until 8 O'Clock" or whatever.

Like I said, so long as it's a clear policy then there's no justification for complaint.
    I always like these two popular ones here:

"Unattended children will be sold as slaves." and "Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy."

yo

4. Lounge   -   #34
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I'll tell you what will stop a kid misbehaving in public. Taking them quietly away from everyone else so you drum it into their thick heads that living in a society peacefully involves being thoughtful to others, then put them somewhere boring for a while to think it through. Then explain that since they played up in the supermarket for instance, you're both now going to have to go back to the shop to do the shopping instead of take them swimming or whatever as you previously promised. No fannying around. I'm sure the antisocial little bastard will learn when it finds itself inconvenienced by its own behaviour.

Adult Logic does not apply to children.
    When they cry it is because they are unable to express what they want and they get frustrated.
    Their only way to express it is through crying, until they develop language for that what they need.
    This applies to wife beaters, bullies, and basic scum which never manage to develop.
    You will be be a great father because at least you are atleast capable of seeing the horror of it.

ps. insanity is easier.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Do you get the one "Unattended children will be gang-raped by paedophiles and deviants"

That always makes me larff...

6. Lounge   -   #36
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    So when you have kids (if anyone ever agrees to make one with you), can I strangle you when he/she decides to cry because he/she is hungry/thirsty/crapped their nappy while in a public place, claiming you said it's the right thing to do?
    Thanks for the insult firstly.

Secondly I am married and we have made a conscious decision to not have kids. So youll never have the opportunity to strangle me, or try, unfortunately.

Thirdly, if its someones choice to get knocked up. stay the fuck home until you can control your little brat. Don't bug the fuck out of me because you choose to be greedy and want the best of both worlds.

I guess that wasnt all.
    In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post

Adult Logic does not apply to children.
    When they cry it is because they are unable to express what they want and they get frustrated.
    Their only way to express it is through crying, until they develop language for that what they need.
    This applies to wife beaters, bullies, and basic scum which never manage to develop.
    You will be be a great father because at least you are atleast capable of seeing the horror of it.

ps. insanity is easier.
    Sorry but that's absolute twaddle. It sounds just like all the happy clappy crap you hear from parents of badly behaved kids who would prefer to believe anything is the cause of it but themselves. Little dearest isn't expressing himself, he's being a nuisance and that's exactly what he wants to be. Parents that come out with that crap don't really believe it themselves. They're laughing on the outside but crying on the inside. They've just given up having any dignity and now face the world with a resigned complacency because it's all they can do to remain sane. Meanwhile everyone else is looking at their screaming child and thinking 'O rly? ' and feeling sorry for it because they know it's going to grow up a little shit as well. Children are not born bad tempered or truculent, they're made that way. I don't mean to have a go at you specifically, just this culture today of raising kids without personal responsibility or the time or energy to do it properly.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    You need to quantify some ages here, people.

Up to about 6 months old, pretty much all they can do is cry to get your attention.

When they're 2 years and older and throwing tantrums it's learned behaviour, as they've learned that it gets them what they want. You have to break them out of it as early as you can, and encourage them to ask for things in different ways.

The way you break them out of it is to ignore it, the most sensible place to do this is in the comfort of your own home, not at the checkout in Sainsburys

9. Lounge   -   #39
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post

In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world
    Well, I think I am not being greedy. I dont want kids because:

a. I would be a horrible father
    b. my wife works a "real" day job and I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.
    Last edited by puckface; 10-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.
    As far as I know nobody has ever died from listening to a screaming child

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast